Questions about "Bore Snakes"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phat Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't had to wash mine yet (to clean the bore snake) it's good for them quick clean ups right after a range time. but all of my weapons get the bust them down and major clean when I get home!

acope

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since I often shoot my daily carry at the range, I use the bore snake with a shot of solvent to run through the barrel before reloading and carrying the rest of the day. I still take everything down and do a proper cleaning once I am home for the day.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oppps, sorry B-bunny I'm still feeling my way around and am no doubt still acting like a cub bear. I'm really enjoying this place and find myself spending more time here. I also hang around a sports site but they're not as nice as OSA folks are, so I'm dusting off my manners and want to play nice. Anyway thanks for letting me hang.

haha! Not a problem -- I was mostly just giving ya a hard time -- which according to some around here is what I do best! (Well, that and bake cookies! haha!)

At the Laundromat. :)

Oh ... thank goodness ... you scared me ... lol

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've seen alot of people use them and I've even used one in the past. But... if you ever see someone break the pull rope on one while it's in the barrel, you'll never go near another one.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get a pretty steady supply of old syringes (large animal work)... they work good for getting solvent down a gun barrel and on the bore snake. I like boresnakes.

Probably have not pushed a rod through a pistol in 3 or 4 years....... but I do still rod out rifles before they pack in for the season.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use Hoppe's and a bore snake to clean my Mosin after shooting corrosive ammo before I pack it back in to go home.

For other applications they don't get the gun clean enough to meet my anal-retentive standards.

Latest posts

Top Bottom