Questions about buying half a cow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been eating family raised beef my whole life on land my mother lives on that she grew up on and is the same land her father grew up on. My younger sisters husband runs the beef operation now but all the kids in the family chip in and then later split sides. We also split paying for the processing. Dont know if its cheaper than store bought but its some good tasting meats and you know where it comes from. My FIL also buys a calf and has his nephew raise it for him and then he splits that between my wife and her brother and sister so we get some from that too except her dad snags the best steaks, I dont mind cause we get a lot of my favorite roasts plus me and my kids love any type of hamburger meals. Then my SIL brings us fish. Life is good.

True story. When I was a kid I was at a basketball game in Oolagah during regionals or something. Some cute blonde girl was selling tickets for a 4H raffle. I didnt even care what it was for, the girl was cute. Couple weeks later I came in from school and my mom said someone called about a contest I won. Called the people and I had won a side of beef, thats what the girl was selling tickets for. I told my mom and she didnt look happy at all. They had just butchered and had filled one freezer up, so we had to go to Sedan KS to some meat shop to pick it up. A few weeks later I was at some other type of function and just walking in I was handed a ticket. Lady said to listen for my number later for a prize. Later in the night they had the drawing- and I won. And I swear to Buddha it was for a side of beef. I did not want to tell my mom about it when I got home. It was so unreal. I remember my mom taking me to the local radio station for an interview about winning the contests. I was the kid who won all the meat. We filled our 2nd freezer in the barn, my grammas freezer and a few uncles. After that every time there was a contest they would come get me to enter it for them. The luck had ran out tho. Havent won **** since. Well, got 5 out of 6 numbers in the lottery once in Iowa.

Latest posts

Top Bottom