Questions about OKC Gun Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to join the OKCGC as soon as possible. Is there someone on here who has something to do with membership who would PM me?

A couple of questions.. once you are a member, I assume you can go out there and use the facilities.. what are the restrictions as far as using the target holders, steel, etc.

Yeah.. this is probably all on their web site, but I was hoping for some personal experiences about being a member out there. I sure was impressed with the place when I was out there this Saturday.

I had such a good time at the match I want to be able to practice that kind of shooting. Is it possible to do so out there?

B

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
New member orientation happens once a year, I believe it's in December. The club only has so many membership slots, I'd contact the membership director, (which when I went through orientation was Bill Norfleet) and ask about available slots, then you need to get your application in ASAP.

The facilities are very nice, though I rarely ever leave the pistol bays. The club has something for everyone.

Steel can be a sensitive subject, most groups will not leave steel targets out for use and with good reason. There always seems to be someone who chooses to wail on the targets with you know what and ruin them. I suggest you buy a piece or two of your own, they're not that expensive.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just went through orientation last month. they are not at their max number of members yet. Bill Norfleet is passing the reigns off to another guy. Don't remember the name right now.

Yes once you go through orientation you are allowed used of the facilities. During orientation they go over all of the ranges. Some ranges require you to meet with the head contact for that range for full access privledges.

Your membership card has the combo to the gates on it so you can get in if they are locked. No shooting after dark.

Email Bill, his email is linked on the website for membership inquiries. If he has fully passed the reigns more than likely the new guys email will be linked.

Ask any questions you want and they will be answered. Get out there during a match to see the facilities first hand. The calendar is on the website so you know whats coming up.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You also need to be a member of the NRA to join so have your number handy!

The only way to get access to the steel targets at the pistol bays is to buddy up with the guys that run/organize the IPSC matches. There are a select few that are trusted with the lock codes to the target trailer over there. The way to meet those guys is to show up for setup on Fridays before the IPSC matches and stay late on Saturdays for tear down. You can also make friends at the 3 gun, ICORE, and SASS matches. They don't give access to anybody though. I am the best IPSC and 3 gun shooter out there (if you don't believe me, just ask me) and I still don't have access. :laugh6:

Most of those guys that can get access to the steel targets are nice enough to invite you out to practice with them too.

BTW. If you di join and shoot all 12 of the pistol matches and all 12 of the 3 gun matches with us you will save $120 off your match fees over the course of a year. Couple that with a work day to knock $80 off your dues and membership is free!
I learned that math from all the shopping my wife does while I'm shooting. It's amazing how much money she can save us by buying more stuff!

tsleadslingers

Marksman
Reaction score
Here is an application for the gun club. http://www.okcgunclub.org/docs/club_app.pdf
I am a female member, my husband and I go out and enjoy shooting all the different ranges the club has to offer. It's nice to go to an outdoor range!!
You'll have 1 workday a year and the work day is not bad at all, you are helping out the club keep up the ranges and helping out in shoots, and you get $80 off you membership - in the end it is only $100/yr.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I emailed both membership addresses a few days ago. Still haven't heard back. I have not joined the NRA though.... hmmmmm. Is that a strict requirement? B

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I emailed both membership addresses a few days ago. Still haven't heard back. I have not joined the NRA though.... hmmmmm. Is that a strict requirement? B

Blutch,

That is a hard rule I'm 90+% sure.

how can you be looking at joining a gun club and not be a member of the NRA?

The NRA is the reason you still have the chance to decide to join a gun club. Sign up today!

okc_plinking

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes you must be an NRA member, don't expect an answer on them email, if you want to join send in the app..... if you want to talk about it then just talk about it what do you want to know?

Latest posts

Top Bottom