Rep Lowe needs to be stopped.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiophile

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Communications & Public Affairs
January 21, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Office: (405) 557-7367
Email: [email protected]

Lowe Files Legislation Concerning Firearms and Public Safety

Bills would Repeal Permitless Carry, Ban Long-Barrel Firearms in Restaurants
OKLAHOMA CITY -- State Rep. Jason Lowe (D-OKC) has filed two pieces of legislation focused on making public spaces safer for Oklahomans.
House Bill 3357 would repeal last year’s permitless carry legislation.
“There is no doubt in my mind that if people got to vote on whether firearm safety training should be necessary to carry a firearm in public, where our children are, permitless carry would not be the law,” Lowe said. “This legislation is a product of the hundreds of conversations I have had personally with Oklahomans who don’t want irresponsible gun owners to carry firearms in public.”
House Bill 3897 would ban long-barrel firearms from Oklahoma restaurants. This legislation is meant to make these spaces safer and more welcoming to citizens.
“Having patrons carry long-barrel firearms into a restaurant isn’t good for business or the mental health of the restaurant’s patrons,” Lowe said. “Oklahomans, especially children, veterans suffering from PTSD, people suffering from mental illness, should have the ability to enter a restaurant in Oklahoma and not feel threatened or endangered by the presence of military-style weapons.”
While public safety is paramount, a byproduct of Lowe’s legislation would be a fix to an unintended consequence caused by the passage of permitless carry.
“The business owners I have spoken with don’t like being drug into this highly controversial issue,” Lowe said. “When we told store owners that they could decide who could and couldn’t carry in their place of business, we forced them to pick sides and alienate customers. Our government should make laws that help small businesses not hurt them.”
-30-

Time to call/write/email your reps and Senators. We cannot allow this to happen. The ease in which it moved through the House and Senate both times should tell Rep. Lowe just how Oklahomans feel about constitutional carry.

- Mike

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rep. Lowe...Please tell us what other Rights.....do we need training for, permittless of course....Voting, debating, ...also Please do not speak for Vet's which you seem to be lacking knowledge for.

Our government should make laws that help small businesses not hurt them....Well, knock back some of those regs and taxes that you spend so freely on illegals and others who do not deserve the money.

Rep. Lowe....How much money have you taken from outside your district, the state...and from whom...Now,..Tell us Who do you represent, yourself, Oklahoma, or outside interest who pays you in "donations"....

Rep. Lowe.....How do you sleep at night & do you ever look at yourself in the mirror ?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rep. Lowe...Please tell us what other Rights.....do we need training for, permittless of course....Voting, debating, ...also Please do not speak for Vet's which you seem to be lacking knowledge for.

Our government should make laws that help small businesses not hurt them....Well, knock back some of those regs and taxes that you spend so freely on illegals and others who do not deserve the money.

Rep. Lowe....How much money have you taken from outside your district, the state...and from whom...Now,..Tell us Who do you represent, yourself, Oklahoma, or outside interest who pays you in "donations"....

Rep. Lowe.....How do you sleep at night & do you ever look at yourself in the mirror ?
I'll lust leave this here...lol
Email: [email protected]

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"if people got to vote on whether firearm safety training should be necessary to carry a firearm in public"

Last time I checked we have a representative form of government so the "People" did vote.

Latest posts

Top Bottom