Ride alongs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric_Williams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well i am almost done with my criminal justice Associates degree and i have been thinking about applying to a few smaller town PD's that only want 60 credit hours, but wanted to go on a ride along to make sure this is the career path i want. I wanted to know what i needed to do to be able to do a ride along and if there were board members that i could ride with that are close to Broken Arrow?

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everybody has the right to do a ride-along, just go to the local PD and tell them you want to do a ride-along, and they will most likely have you fill out a liability waiver and then you get to do it

crimeftr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everybody has the right to do a ride-along, just go to the local PD and tell them you want to do a ride-along, and they will most likely have you fill out a liability waiver and then you get to do it

no no no, thats the right to remain silent. :) AND those type ride a longs only goto one place.

Not all departments allow ride a longs simply for liability reasons.... Most will, but its not something the department HAS to allow. :)

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
no no no, thats the right to remain silent. :) AND those type ride a longs only goto one place.

Not all departments allow ride a longs simply for liability reasons.... Most will, but its not something the department HAS to allow. :)

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: GC has been known to do ride-alongs for people interesting in seeing what it is really like vs. what everybody "knows" it is like. But alas, he is no longer on the street ... YEAH!!!!!!! So, anyway, I know OHP does them. IIRC the officer has to get permission from his CO even if the foolhardy victim signs a waiver.

Just between you guys and the fence post if I ever get in another patrol car in my lifetime it will be TOO SOON. GAWD what an awful day ... :cry3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom