Road trip food destinations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are some good day trip type food destinations in OK? Don't care if it's BBQ, steak, chicken fried steak or a burger. Just want some good eats and if there is a point of interest near by that's a plus. Been to Meers plenty of times and it's pretty good with plenty to see and do around.

I've heard once upon a time about some steak place in northern OK that was in a couple refurbished cattle trailers that was supposed to be good but I don't recall the name. Think there was a place in Vinita that has a good chicken fry too. I'd even be open to some places in northern TX too. Just something you can go to and back from in a day with a point of interest along the way.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Bartlesville...... Murphy's Diner....Woolaroc Museum

Pawnee...... Click's Steakhouse.....Pawnee Bill Museum

McAlester...... Pete's (Italian)........ ???????????

Ponca....... Rusty Barrel............. Marland Mansion

Burlington.....Vintage House(steaks)......Great Salt Plains

Woodward........Wagg's BBQ..........Boiling Springs St Park/Alabaster Caverns(Freedom)

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
burger & malts - Dairy Snack in Fairland, OK on Hwy 60. We hit the flea market's in Vinita and eat here a lot. Good day trip.

soul food - (chicken fry recc) - Evelyn's 3014 N 74th East Ave, Tulsa, OK 74115

BBQ - Donny Teel af Buffalo BBQ in Sperry. Mon-Fri only.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bartlesville...... Murphy's Diner....Woolaroc Museum Pawnee...... Click's Steakhouse.....Pawnee Bill MuseumMcAlester...... Pete's (Italian)........ ???????????Ponca....... Rusty Barrel............. Marland MansionBurlington.....Vintage House(steaks)......Great Salt PlainsWoodward........Wagg's BBQ..........Boiling Springs St Park/Alabaster Caverns(Freedom)
In B'ville I like Dinks BBQ.The "other" Italian place in Krebs, Roseann's I think, maybe. Lavera's Italian grocery is worth the stop.Rusty Barrel in Ponca is good but Enrique's Mexican is good too.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
In B'ville I like Dinks BBQ.The "other" Italian place in Krebs, Roseann's I think, maybe. Lavera's Italian grocery is worth the stop.Rusty Barrel in Ponca is good but Enrique's Mexican is good too.

Dink's is fair, if you ask me, but I'm a BBQ snob for my own stuff.

In Krebbs, Pete's Place veal parmesan. It's not on the menu, you have to ask for it. Amazing. Better than anywhere in the world I've tried it, and I've tried it alot of places, including Italy. Roseanna's is good, the Chateau Briande at Isle of Capri is awesome, too. Haven't been to Krebbs in a couple years, since the wife and I were split up for a while. I needa make another trip down there... I miss some of that food.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
For Bartlesville, I'll pass on Murphy's and recommend Frank & Lola's. Their green chili verde is awesome. Best I think I've had.

Frank and Lola's over Murphy's for me too...........but everyone must experience Murphy's lol. My dad could eat jalepeno and habanero peppers like grapes, but Dink's would absolutely maul the man's digestive tract, both ends for about 12 hours, happened twice and he said no more. Taste is fair, there's a lot better bbq out there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom