Rosanne

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do the hags on the View and the network awards shows that have evolved into Trump bashing contests have the same "insults or offends the community clause" ? It certainly offends millions of conservative folks as the awards show programs have reached a historical low in ratings.
Let me state it one more time. Hypocrisy of the liberal left.
Obviously it's not offending their management.

Hypocritical? Sure...so what? Don't watch, and don't patronize their advertisers, just as you're doing with the NFL. They'll either find an audience or go broke; either way, it's not our problem.

Sometimes, freedom means that people get to do things you don't like.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
[QUOTE="dennishoddy, post: 3120012] Not what's fair and balanced, Hypocrisy. Nothing more, nothing less.
Should tv companies be forced to have content they don't agree with?[/QUOTE]
If I don't like what the hags on the view have to say am I required to continue watching?
No, I'm not, no more than liberals can be forced to watch Roseanne. They make a channel changer for that.
I don't agree with 99% of what I see on TV so I make the choice to not watch it.
I've never seen the Roseanne show, and never planned to. Laugh track sitcoms are not ever seen on our TV by choice, not by edict.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Obviously it's not offending their management.

Hypocritical? Sure...so what? Don't watch, and don't patronize their advertisers, just as you're doing with the NFL. They'll either find an audience or go broke; either way, it's not our problem.

Sometimes, freedom means that people get to do things you don't like.
My point all along. If anyone was offended by Roseann's tweet, don't watch the show. It wasn't right for the network to cancel it when they allow bad behavior by others in their employ go by with no repercussions of canceled shows.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My point all along. If anyone was offended by Roseann's tweet, don't watch the show. It wasn't right for the network to cancel it when they allow bad behavior by others in their employ go by with no repercussions of canceled shows.
And I still don't see anything wrong with it. They've made their decision as to what values they want to push, and they've done us the courtesy of making those values clear to the public. Let them live with the consequences; the show appeared to be getting decent ratings, so they've sacrificed that.

I never cared for the show, so it's no skin off my nose, but each to his own. I'll be here with my DVD player and no commercials.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Do the hags on the View and the network awards shows that have evolved into Trump bashing contests have the same "insults or offends the community clause" ? It certainly offends millions of conservative folks as the awards show programs have reached a historical low in ratings.
Let me state it one more time. Hypocrisy of the liberal left.
I'm sure they have different contracts as they are vastly different programs, but honestly i don't watch either. But really, Dave is 100℅ correct in this. It's ABC, parent company disney, they're liberal. You've been on osa long enough to know it, our community has hitched about the liberal mma many times. If Roseanne was 1\8 plugged in as we all her she knew that well in advance of her signing that contract that may or may not have existed.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The network was offended and obviously suffers from the same "confirmation offense," we all do. Can anyone here say they've never been a hypocrite?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And I still don't see anything wrong with it. They've made their decision as to what values they want to push, and they've done us the courtesy of making those values clear to the public. Let them live with the consequences; the show appeared to be getting decent ratings, so they've sacrificed that.

I never cared for the show, so it's no skin off my nose, but each to his own. I'll be here with my DVD player and no commercials.

I'm sure they have different contracts as they are vastly different programs, but honestly i don't watch either. But really, Dave is 100℅ correct in this. It's ABC, parent company disney, they're liberal. You've been on osa long enough to know it, our community has hitched about the liberal mma many times. If Roseanne was 1\8 plugged in as we all her she knew that well in advance of her signing that contract that may or may not have existed.

In my view, If you don't like it, don't watch it.

Great discussion guys. Wore me smooth out. I need to go get a shot of guns and ammo now. :clap3:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard today on a radio show this hypothesis and it got me to thinking.

It was pointed out that Roseanne Barr has been a flaming lib her whole career which is pretty much true. He went on to say he never really "bought into" Roseanne's conversion to Trump. Then he hypothesized that this may have been a planned stunt by the left to gin up voter turnout for the mid terms. This was NOT Alex Jones. Far from it, it was Rick Roberts who used to be on KTOK in OKC. He made a somewhat compelling case drawing the contrast between Roseanne and Kathy Griffin. Griffin was totally expendable because she was never a powerhouse in the industry so it was no big loss to fire her, being a "nobody" over her beheading stunt. Roseanne on the other hand is uber known, has made her money, career, etc and is just not stupid enough to throw out a tweet like this without knowing what would happen. ABC only gave her her show back for the money. But even that isn't enough to override their leftist ideaology.

I got to thinking about how deep the relationship is between the Soros type leftists and the media. It used to just be entertainment, but it's also news which means that basically all broadcast media is corrupted. The leftists, all of media and the DNC are basically one in the same now. They demand behavior from the right that they are unwilling to give themselves and they take care of their own when called on it. Anyway I thought it was sort of interesting. The only way to change it is to keep electing the Trumps of the world and bankrupt them at the same time.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard today on a radio show this hypothesis and it got me to thinking.

It was pointed out that Roseanne Barr has been a flaming lib her whole career which is pretty much true. He went on to say he never really "bought into" Roseanne's conversion to Trump. Then he hypothesized that this may have been a planned stunt by the left to gin up voter turnout for the mid terms. This was NOT Alex Jones. Far from it, it was Rick Roberts who used to be on KTOK in OKC. He made a somewhat compelling case drawing the contrast between Roseanne and Kathy Griffin. Griffin was totally expendable because she was never a powerhouse in the industry so it was no big loss to fire her, being a "nobody" over her beheading stunt. Roseanne on the other hand is uber known, has made her money, career, etc and is just not stupid enough to throw out a tweet like this without knowing what would happen. ABC only gave her her show back for the money. But even that isn't enough to override their leftist ideaology.

I got to thinking about how deep the relationship is between the Soros type leftists and the media. It used to just be entertainment, but it's also news which means that basically all broadcast media is corrupted. The leftists, all of media and the DNC are basically one in the same now. They demand behavior from the right that they are unwilling to give themselves and they take care of their own when called on it. Anyway I thought it was sort of interesting. The only way to change it is to keep electing the Trumps of the world and bankrupt them at the same time.
I’m just thinking how bad it would suck to turn my music off and listen to some talking head telling me what to believe about things I can’t change.

Latest posts

Top Bottom