Sad day for OU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, lucky for you there really wasn't an active shooter. . .in your classroom. Your SDA, which is to protect you and your family, would still be safely locked in your car and you'd be dead. See how that works?

Spoken by a true Christian, the guy with "Christianity isn't true because it works. Christianity works because it's true." at his signature...

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How does having a gun on your person to defend yourself equate to running around trying to save the world? This is not an either or situation. Personally, I can not justify leaving my firearm off my person except where it is illegal AND there is a good chance it would be discovered.
To think otherwise seems like a short hop away from justifying disarmament for our own safety to me.

SMS beat me to it.

As you said, it isn't an either or situation. It is all hypothetical. I'm not going to argue hypothetical situations as anything could potentially happen so there is no winner of that one. All I wanted to divulge is the aforementioned scenarios. They were two of an endless amount of scenarios that at the end of the day, are just as made up as any other one we can argue over. We are both equally right and equally wrong in that respect.
As for what you do personally, hey that's on you. Personally for me, I don't bend the laws to work for me, I follow them as they are written.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gotta tell you, ninjas. I agree with josh s on this one. I could see how the situation could go full on Xbox Call of Duty really fast with a bunch of 21 year old boys at school. Still, it's a tough call.

It's funny. I have a very good friend who is very liberal. She is super involved with the local Democrat party. Although she is pro registration of firearms, she also believes it is everybody's right to own as many firearms as they chose, and carry them to protect themselves, as well as their families. Wonder what she thinks about this particular subject.

Now, about this gay thing. There is a super conservative US Congress candidate named Suzanne Atanus that is stating that autism and dementia are God's punishments for abortion and LBGT rights. She is NOT helping our cause. She is a moron. I am thinking about changing my political affiliation to independent, just so I am not lumped in to the same generic group as pieces of human excrement like her.

What does being gay have to do with guns, or this topic? Bad form. Very bad form.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As you said, it isn't an either or situation. It is all hypothetical. I'm not going to argue hypothetical situations as anything could potentially happen so there is no winner of that one. All I wanted to divulge is the aforementioned scenarios. They were two of an endless amount of scenarios that at the end of the day, are just as made up as any other one we can argue over. We are both equally right and equally wrong in that respect.
As for what you do personally, hey that's on you. Personally for me, I don't bend the laws to work for me, I follow them as they are written.

Yes, it is on me. I choose to not be bent over the sawhorse and stripped.

I gotta tell you, ninjas. I agree with josh s on this one. I could see how the situation could go full on Xbox Call of Duty really fast with a bunch of 21 year old boys at school. Still, it's a tough call.

It's funny. I have a very good friend who is very liberal. She is super involved with the local Democrat party. Although she is pro registration of firearms, she also believes it is everybody's right to own as many firearms as they chose, and carry them to protect themselves, as well as their families. Wonder what she thinks about this particular subject.

Now, about this gay thing. There is a super conservative US Congress candidate named Suzanne Atanus that is stating that autism and dementia are God's punishments for abortion and LBGT rights. She is NOT helping our cause. She is a moron. I am thinking about changing my political affiliation to independent, just so I am not lumped in to the same generic group as pieces of human excrement like her.

What does being gay have to do with guns, or this topic? Bad form. Very bad form.

Yes, because 21 year olds with guns is the problem. I will inform the DOD.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yeah, that's sort of where I was headed with the "50 people running around" comment. If everyone was mature and responsible at my age and wouldn't try to be a hero, I would be a little more comfortable with it. But let me tell you guys first hand, the people I know on campus that have SDA's are the last people I want having a gun in a high stress situation. There are older people on campus sure, but mostly they are early twenty somethings with an ego... the size of mine that would all love to be heroes. And they are just the ones I know of.
..But I digress, there are tons of hypothetical scenarios, some having it beneficial, some having it not beneficial to carry on campus. Who is to say which is more likely to happen?
Like I said originally, no system is perfect. But I would rather not see a classmate mistakenly get shot by a PO or another vigilante because he was trying to be a hero.

Latest posts

Top Bottom