Sad day for OU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I can not justify leaving my firearm off my person except where it is illegal AND there is a good chance it would be discovered.

Bingo.

And honestly, Boren needs to have this opinion of anti-gun (whether he believes it personally or not, though I am certain he does) in order to function as a university president; to differ from that would be detrimental to him and the university, sadly. Change to include higher ed as placed to legally carry would need to be pushed through in the legislature, not directed toward one of many university presidents in the state.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we're going with anecdotes, the gay men i know are not anti-gun, just indifferent. The lesbians I know are actually mostly pretty active firearms owners and shooters.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
21. Old enough to have served an entire enlistment in the military. Old enough to drink. Old enough to vote. Old enough to buy a gun. Old enough to be a senior in college. Old enough to get a carry permit that is valid in dozens of states...but "oh noes! There's a gunman on campus and I don't want him/her around with their gun cuz it'll get all x-box up in here'".

You gotta be fing kidding me. One of the dumbest things I've ever read on a gun forum....

Last edited:

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
21. Old enough to have served an entire enlistment in the military. Old enough to drink. Old enough to vote. Old enough to buy a gun. Old enough to be a senior in college. Old enough to get a carry permit that is valid in dozens of states...but "oh noes! There's a gunman on campus and I don't him/her around with their gun cuz it'll get all x-box up in here'".

You gotta be fing kidding me. One of the dumbest things I've ever read on a gun forum....

+100!!

TyMD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If someone is dumb enough to run around with gun drawn around swat teams looking for a shooter, I say give them a Darwin Award.

Do stupid things, win stupid prizes!

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
21. Old enough to have served an entire enlistment in the military. Old enough to drink. Old enough to vote. Old enough to buy a gun. Old enough to be a senior in college. Old enough to get a carry permit that is valid in dozens of states...but "oh noes! There's a gunman on campus and I don't him/her around with their gun cuz it'll get all x-box up in here'".

Agree. I know some pretty stupid frat bros and every single one of them had their asses planted in a locked up classroom like everyone else. I guess having a gun will make them run into the bathroom and change into their operator gear all Clark Kent/Superman style, run across campus gun in hand to single-handedly save our student body from Adam Lanza Part II.

Last edited:

Rick W

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would someone with a ccw be "running around with guns drawn"?

It seems to me that you, Rick, and Boren would be fine with people being killed while waiting for police just because you don't like the possibility of someone with good intentions getting a little carried away in addressing the situation.
No, I wouldn't. I wouldn't want ANYONE to get killed, including an armed student that gets mistaken for a shooter either by the cops, or by another armed citizen with a gun. I think that was President Boren's concern.
Josh has given a very good explanation of why having a gun in that situation wouldn't help, so I'll just say that I agree with him.
Rick W

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, I wouldn't. I wouldn't want ANYONE to get killed, including an armed student that gets mistaken for a shooter either by the cops, or by another armed citizen with a gun. I think that was President Boren's concern.
Josh has given a very good explanation of why having a gun in that situation wouldn't help, so I'll just say that I agree with him.
Rick W

You obviously haven't read the rest of the comments.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
21. Old enough to have served an entire enlistment in the military. Old enough to drink. Old enough to vote. Old enough to buy a gun. Old enough to be a senior in college. Old enough to get a carry permit that is valid in dozens of states...but "oh noes! There's a gunman on campus and I don't want him/her around with their gun cuz it'll get all x-box up in here'".

Amen!

Latest posts

Top Bottom