Should We Swap To Metric?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should we switch?

• Yes

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • Metric is only for calibers.

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The English/Imperial system is quaint and archaic, but it's really useful for things like construction where there is a lot of division by 2.
Metric is nice and logical with everything in powers of 10, just like the fingers on your hand.
Neither is really exact in digital computing,

I'd vote for neither and say we need to use a base 16 system for counting and measurement.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bet it was someone who had misplaced all there standard sized tools!
This problem is real! That's why crescent wrenches keep selling!
I beg to differ. I still remember my high-school shop teacher saying " Blake if you have a crescent wrench in your hand; that is the first sign you have the wrong tool for the job."

I have lived by them words. Now I will say they are an essential part of a Mexicali tool kit. That includes one rusted 10in crescent wrench, one flat blade screw driver with half the tip broke off so you can put it in a Phillips screw also, and finally one undersized claw hammer.'

Also on a side note. I say No we shouldn't change. I think any country we have conquered or died for should be speaking Merican and use our foot system.

Last edited:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, how hard is it to multiply and divide by 10??? milli, centi, deci, m/l/g deka, hecto, kilo, slide your decimal left or right, and the number never changes, just the decimal placement....it's really that easy! :)
A misplaced decimal was a big deal on the Kilpatrick Turnpike bridges.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I beg to differ. I still remember my high-school shop teacher saying " Blake if you have a crescent wrench in your hand; that is the first sign you have the wrong tool for the job."

I have lived by them words. Now I will say they are an essential part of a Mexicali tool kit. That includes one rusted 10in crescent wrench, one flat blade screw driver with half the tip broke off so you can put it in a Phillips screw also, and finally one undersized claw hammer.'

Also on a side note. I say No we shouldn't change. I think any country we have conquered or died for should be speaking Merican and use our foot system.
I hate em but, there's one in about every truck and tractor around here for mergency sitchamacations. Very handy for "ranch style" sheet metal work though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom