Smoking the Thanksgiving Turkey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a pretty convincing photoshop

Yeah photoshop or just a photo set up. I fry mine in one of the shop buildings and the odor of turkey cooked in oil stays around for several days in a pure metal building. I'd hate to think what it would be like in a home with upholstered furniture and possibly carpet.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Family can't make it in until tomorrow. Getting the rig ready to try frying a whole turkey tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Everyone says it's amazing.
View attachment 147782

I used to volunteer for the Red Cross. I responded to a lot of house fires caused by turkey fryers. Usually by some genius dumping the hot remains into a plastic trash can next to the house. This propane tank indoors is a recipe for disaster. Your business I know, just a friendly PSA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Family can't make it in until tomorrow. Getting the rig ready to try frying a whole turkey tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Everyone says it's amazing.
View attachment 147782

That reminded me of an occurrence a number of years ago. When we moved into the RV, I wanted some "extra volume" of air to go with my small portable air compressor. I had an old 20 pound LPG cylinder that I removed the valve and then cleaned out the inside of the cylinder. Then, I plumbed it to hook to one output on the air compressor so I had the extra volume for airing up tires to 125 psi.

I once posted a picture of the basement area of our RV on an RV forum and didn't think about what was in the image. Later, someone on the forum commented that they couldn't get past the fact that I had an LPG cylinder directly next to an LPG RV furnace in there.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
My favorite part other than propane tank indoors was lets toss it all on a combustible 4x8 sheet. I mean I guess next year you will have a new kitchen is one positive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom