So What Would You REALLY do

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saltydawg

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Given the tenor of many of the threads here, my questions are perfectly reasonable and legitimate. If one ascribes a sense of ridicule to my post, how am I to blame? I think the assumption of ridicule is more telling. Do you have something for which you believe you will be ridiculed?

I am simply curious as to what many of the members would do if their "dreaded fear" actually came to pass.

I do not believe I assumed ridicule in fact I answered matter of factly. My question was your intent in asking the question with the manner in which you asked it. The question is a very legitimate one to be sure. We ask it all the time when working with people who legitimately strive to prepare for the "what ifs" in life. However, there are reasons people asked questions and I am always suspect of persons whom asked questions in such a slanted manner (subtle or not) as to in flame the readers. "Poking the bear" if you will. A question can be rendered in such a manner as to provoke thought as well as "just piss people off" and "given the tenor" of this forum and reading your post phrased in the manner it was I believe it was to elicit negative responses. It does not matter that you claim a simple quandary, if your actions prove other wise. There is an applicable quote that is " don't piss down my neck and tell me its raining". We could debate or argue the merits of why you asked the question but that has no interest for me, rather we should get to the heart of the question which is "what would you do If"? A fine question and as I have answered. Even the klingons took a page from the art of war and stated it is better to relinquish the battle today to live to fight another day. But as I said an enemy no matter the size will surely win if no one fights back! Our guns as well as religions can only be taken from us by our willing surrender of them. The promise of safety has been the historic pathway of the government I do not believe this donkey will change its routine.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not believe I assumed ridicule in fact I answered matter of factly. My question was your intent in asking the question with the manner in which you asked it. The question is a very legitimate one to be sure. We ask it all the time when working with people who legitimately strive to prepare for the "what ifs" in life. However, there are reasons people asked questions and I am always suspect of persons whom asked questions in such a slanted manner (subtle or not) as to in flame the readers. "Poking the bear" if you will. A question can be rendered in such a manner as to provoke thought as well as "just piss people off" and "given the tenor" of this forum and reading your post phrased in the manner it was I believe it was to elicit negative responses. It does not matter that you claim a simple quandary, if your actions prove other wise. There is an applicable quote that is " don't piss down my neck and tell me its raining". We could debate or argue the merits of why you asked the question but that has no interest for me, rather we should get to the heart of the question which is "what would you do If"? A fine question and as I have answered. Even the klingons took a page from the art of war and stated it is better to relinquish the battle today to live to fight another day. But as I said an enemy no matter the size will surely win if no one fights back! Our guns as well as religions can only be taken from us by our willing surrender of them. The promise of safety has been the historic pathway of the government I do not believe this donkey will change its routine.

All that good typing, gone to waste. :(

Everyone here knows he's just poking the bear. Just an institutionalized part of the OSA community. :)

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are two schools of thought on this issue, one seeming to be the more vocalized.

Most people I hear say, "I'MA GO INNA WOODS WIT MAH SKS". They advocate a **** **** UP strategy which includes: killing everyone they see, stealing their victims possessions, and apparently having no forethought whatsoever as to the consequences of their actions. These people will survive for approximately 6 months, give or take a few months.

I tend to advocate a subversive strategy. If there was a situation in which there was no (or too much) rule of law, the best option for the people is to stick together, gather family and friends close, and develop community ties and defensive strategies. The bigger danger comes from the lone wolves than the weakened or overstretched government forces. From that strongpoint one can begin to build a stable local government through whatever means are best suited to you, be it collective agriculture, scavenging, manufacturing, etc. This will require more than just guns and ammo, so I hope you aren't all planning to just sit at home with your shotguns and pray. There would be real work to be done, and you'd be missing a chance to live outside the bounds of a government that makes decrees from 1,300 miles away.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why GTG, whatever do you mean?

Maybe we need to change your avatar to Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday! :D

i288.photobucket.com_albums_ll175_minhaga_Doc_tombstone_Val_Kilmer.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom