So What Would You REALLY do

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sotomayor and Kagan could phone their votes in. We already know their decisions aren't going to take the COTUS into consideration. :(

Word. Even Kennedy, as wacky as he can be, makes an attempt to consider it. Though sometimes his thought process is about as linear as a Choose Your Own Adventure book.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I disagree. There is nothing that says an elected official must vote for any constitutionally sound bill, only that they're bound by oath to vote against an unconstitutional one. Personally, I will not consider a split decision to be sound. Only if we have a 7-2 ruling against the PPACA will we have a win. Sotomayor and Kagan could phone their votes in. We already know their decisions aren't going to take the COTUS into consideration. :(

I agree, a 5-4 split is not a win either way. A 7-2 might silence one side for awhile.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To the OP's questions:
If all the lunatic fringe conspiracy theories came to pass?
Crawl up into a fetal ball

If there really were a "New World Order" and they came to disarm you?
Sure they can have them all, but I would like to give them the bullets first.

Are you guys really THAT afraid of the government?
I don't live in fear, I bask in it.

Are you really THAT afraid of the future?
Only God knows the future, so it would be irrational to fear what is not known.

If you find yourself in a precarious situation due to the fact that the .gov has taken your guns, you might check this site out.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...I don't think there will be one specific act that will cause the government to turn against us (I think they already are, for that matter). I think we will just wake up one day and it will occur to us that we no longer live in a republic.

Wait.
Whaaaat?

You mean we live in a Republik?

Wuch you tokin' 'bout, Willis?

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
First of all, I do not think that the government will "take or guns." I think someday there may be restrictions on so-called "assault weapons," and maybe even on high cap magazines. However, I think that day is a long ways off. Realistically, as long as I can have a hand gun and permit to carry, I feel safe.

The other issue is I'm not sure why so many "gun people" consider the government the "enemy." They are not my enemy. My enemy is the thug or terrorist that wants to do me and mine and my fellow countrymen harm. I think it's ridiculous that there is this underlying panic that "gun people" have that somehow the sky is going to drop. If the government were so bad, they'd be no such thing as "gun nuts."

Some people just like to be angry and fearful.

Not angry, not fearful. I took this oath years ago, an have repeated it several times over. I even have a copy that hangs on my wall, so that I never forget. I have fought for this country, and bled for her. I will fight for her today, or to wright her if need be. It may sound corny but its how I was brought up, and the path I followed. I see no reason to change.

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

saltydawg

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the only way the government could "take" away all the peoples firearms is if we the people give them up willingly and then and only then will it be done quietly under the promise of safety! The question is will you be silent or will you sound the alarm. It is true if a squad of well armed and specifically trained official gov. Types howed up with proper paper work and demanded all the firearms you had. It would b
e smart to avoid the conflict and give them what they came for, then tomorrow you give them what they didn't come for. Is that the bravado answering you were searching for?

But I am more perplexed as to the reasons you would ask such a question and phrased the question in such a way as you did.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If all the lunatic fringe conspiracy theories came to pass? If there really were a "New World Order" and they came to disarm you?

You guys have families and jobs and lives. I know the super duper macho men will talk about "standing for something" and "better to die free" and give us the oft used quotation from Nazi Germany about "First the came for..." but despite the "bold talk," I really wonder what you guys would actually do. A bunch of midde -aged guys with tricked out AR-15s.

I'd try and defend my stuff until the government arrives.

The reason I ask is because on damn near every aisle at the show I heard someone expressing a lot of fear about "what was coming."

JB, is this all you heard at the SHOW?

Are you guys really THAT afraid of the government? Are you really THAT afraid of the future?

Not me I'm gonna party like it's 1984!

Latest posts

Top Bottom