Sooners and Bell ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're not serious are you? Osu beat Lamar, Lamar. OU beat Tulsa, Tulsa would stomp a mud hole in Lamar, so lets not start comparing competition.

I concur. A win against Tulsa is huge compared to Lamar. OSU historically has lost 27 games to Tulsa, OU has lost 7.

Not that many years ago, Tulsa beat OU. I kept reminding myself of that every time I started to tell myself, "Yeah, but it's just Tulsa."

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah, he has a point--OU is so much better than Tulsa, just like OSU is so much better than Lamar, that you really can't use them as a gauge for how good either team is.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last year Tulsa went 11-3 overall and 7-1 in their conference

Lamar went 4-8 overall and 1-6 in their conference

to the OP's original question, Bell's passing looked really good, coach's took the reigns off

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never said Stoops should be fired but I do sort of question how they could have thought TK was the better choice over Bell. After seeing just a few minutes of TK, it was pretty obvious that he wasn't ready for prime time and the switch needed to be made. Stoops was fortunate that TK got banged up a little and made the decision for him.

FWIW, several coaches and players have been saying TK was the real deal since last year. You never know how a KID will react in prime time, of course I'm sure you knew exactly how he would from the couch. You are aware that there are several practices leading up the first game? Do you think Stoops (that guy that produced two Heisman QBs).... just said... "ya know.... Blake looks better but let's try our chances with the freshman."

Many of the insiders say that their talent level looked the same (which Stoops admitted) but in practice TK looked hungrier, fought harder, and Bell looked like he assumed he was going to get it. After he didn't get the job, his work ethic and attitude changed significantly.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, several coaches and players have been saying TK was the real deal since last year. You never know how a KID will react in prime time, of course I'm sure you knew exactly how he would from the couch. You are aware that there are several practices leading up the first game? Do you think Stoops (that guy that produced two Heisman QBs).... just said... "ya know.... Blake looks better but let's try our chances with the freshman."

Many of the insiders say that their talent level looked the same (which Stoops admitted) but in practice TK looked hungrier, fought harder, and Bell looked like he assumed he was going to get it. After he didn't get the job, his work ethic and attitude changed significantly.

Don't see the need to get snippy and attack me. This one game may have been a fluke. Bell may suck the rest of the season. I was just throwing that out there. But I'll be sure and remember that you are apparently the world defender of Bob Stoops from now on. I, personally, believe that they were drunk on Johnny Football and wanted their own version of that and allowed it to cloud their judgment.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't see the need to get snippy and attack me. This one game may have been a fluke. Bell may suck the rest of the season. I was just throwing that out there. But I'll be sure and remember that you are apparently the world defender of Bob Stoops from now on. I, personally, believe that they were drunk on Johnny Football and wanted their own version of that and allowed it to cloud their judgment.

what was the "attack"???

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

There were no personal attacks in my statement. I don't see how applying general logic and reason instead of johnny football theories defaults to "world defender" but oh well. In which that statement is hilarious if you really know Stoops' mindset. Hint: First thing he said about us running the ball (which I thought was wonderful) is that we need to throw the ball.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what was the "attack"???

The snippy comment about how he was sure that I knew what would happen from my couch and also implying that I am ignorant of there being multiple practices before the season starts. But hey, it feels good to be right even if other people don't like to admit it.
:thumbup3:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The snippy comment about how he was sure that I knew what would happen from my couch

Do you attend practices? Just curious. If not, then the couch is actually your frame of reference. Don't get all huffy and whine about me being "snippy", it's my reference too. However, like I said, some apply logic and benefit of the doubt considering again, that we've had/developed some REALLY good QBs under Stoops. Therefore, knee-jerk theories and emotions just never sit well with me.

also implying that I am ignorant of there being multiple practices before the season starts

It was more of a rhetorical comment than assuming ignorance of the actual practices. Kind of like, hey.... how could you not understand that the coaches have been with these guys since day one?

Latest posts

Top Bottom