Subject: Veterans to receive special OK driver's licenses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Has anyone heard the specific date this is supposed to roll out?

I just got off of the phone with my local tag office, and they had no idea about any of it other than they were waiting for the software to do it. You would think as close as it is to Nov 1 that they would be closer to being ready,.

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone heard the specific date this is supposed to roll out?

I just got off of the phone with my local tag office, and they had no idea about any of it other than they were waiting for the software to do it. You would think as close as it is to Nov 1 that they would be closer to being ready,.

1 Nov.

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a military vet I have to say I don't understand the reasoning behind this for the driver's license. There is no reason to put veteran status on the DL as it has nothing to do with driving.

It's a Driver's License. It is not a "this is my life history" license.

I will be opting out of this info when I renew my DL next time.
same thing about sex offender on a DL?

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same deal with Social Security... that program was a horrible idea in the first place, but as long as we have it, the SSN's should be used purely for that program's own internal uses and not as some sort of universal serial number for citizens.
My original Soc. Sec. Card (I still have it, issued in 1968) specifically states it is not for purposes of identification.

I also have my original selective service card. (1971) I carried it in my bill fold up until about 10 years ago.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom