Sure, we live in a "post-racial" America

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So that's what 0311 means and the 311 KKK reference. Never had any idea.

Oh well.

0311's not a bad guy... he and I have some contact outside of OSA, but instead of educating someone on the fringe and maybe with some tendencies to express himself in a poor manner that he could be educated to change, he has been successfully ostracized and run off from the OSA community. Strong work.

Oh well, it's not like people here give a damn, it'll just end up being a "good riddance" or "he shouldn't be a racist" justification.

I, for one, have no problem with 0311 and have always enjoyed his posts.

And this thread is a real yawner.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is my last post. Love me, like me, hate me. I was an 0311 Marine Rifleman for six ****ing years. That's why I chose 0311, because I saw alot of other vets using their MOS as their screen names. I did not know about the 311 connotation. Ya'll get the last word. Have at me.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get over it. I've been called every name in the book on this forum over the years.

Never backed down from answering back in the same fashion I was addressed.

Gotta roll with it.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is my last post. Love me, like me, hate me. I was an 0311 Marine Rifleman for six ****ing years. That's why I chose 0311, because I saw alot of other vets using their MOS as their screen names. I did not know about the 311 connotation. Ya'll get the last word. Have at me.

I for one enjoy your Yul Brenner posts about handguns. Have a beer and stay awhile.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Nobody is having at you. You caught backlash for using a racial slur next to a screen name that contained code for a group that was previously used on OSA by an opem member of said group.

A wrong conclusion, but not an unreasonable given the context.

I'd forgotten about the thread I linked until after I posted. If you'd like an apology for my role in bringing this up, as well as my false assumption, please accept this one.

This is a discussion forum and what you post is replied to by people who don't know you. They respond to your posts and your screen name. That's all I know about you. I can't attack your character because I know nothing about it. I have an OSA fanclub of people that hate me and imagine me to be a different person than I am in real life all because of some words I type on a screen at random intervals for entertainment while I live my real life. The ones who know me in person don't seem to think I'm quite as dumb or obnoxious. It happens. I've had members threaten to kick my ass before over posts I've made - several times. Not over personal attacks, just my opinion. I don't lose sleep over it. I know my posts make me seem like an ******* quite often. It happened to you once. No big deal.

I appreciate your honest discussion and would rather read your posts than most of the goobers in this thread. People don't think hard until discussion gets intense and heated discussions are not a bad thing. I'm not above having my mind changed by someone's posts here. So once again, I apologize if you felt singled out.

Last edited:

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Why give anyone the satisfaction. Don't quit or give up. Wear your name like a badge, use it to your advantage. And don't worry what people think of you.

Christ, I voted for Obama twice and still catch crap. I argue for gay rights, Once I had a thread bout PTSD soldiers and how they shouldnt be allowed to have firearms. I posted my whole "nut" loss story on here, complete with taking testosterone shots. So what!!

In spite of the comments about your daughter and your dilemma, every dad with a daughter will face that possibility. It'sgood you had balls to discuss it. Hell i have 2 daughters and faced it twice. First time I asked her "if he was white with nappy hair n large lips and acted ghetto, would she still think he's cute?". That worked. The 2nd time I just dealt with it. I don't think that's racist, maybe it is, but I've gotten a Lil more open minded since then.

Naa, don't quit. Try to learn and teach. OSA will be a better place.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nobody is having at you. You caught backlash for using a racial slur next to a screen name that contained code for a group that was previously used on OSA by an opem member of said group.

A wrong conclusion, but not an unreasonable given the context.

I'd forgotten about the thread I linked until after I posted. If you'd like an apology for my role in bringing this up, as well as my false assumption, please accept this one.

This is a discussion forum and what you post is replied to by people who don't know you. They respond to your posts and your screen name. That's all I know about you. I can't attack your character because I know nothing about it. I have an OSA fanclub of people that hate me and imagine me to be a different person than I am in real life all because of some words I type on a screen at random intervals for entertainment while I live my real life. The ones who know me in person don't seem to think I'm quite as dumb or obnoxious. It happens. I've had members threaten to kick my ass before over posts I've made - several times. Not over personal attacks, just my opinion. I don't lose sleep over it. I know my posts make me seem like an ******* quite often. It happened to you once. No big deal.

I appreciate your honest discussion and would rather read your posts than most of the goobers in this thread. People don't think hard until discussion gets intense and heated discussions are not a bad thing. I'm not above having my mind changed by someone's posts here. So once again, I apologize if you felt singled out.

You made a liar out of me; here I am posting after I said that I wouldn't, haha! The thing is, Ridge, my screen name will always associate me with Klan. 0311 is too close to 311. I was in the dark about 311 being code. When I stepped on my dick and insulted my daughter, I see how people associated that slur with 311. I used to say other pretty dumb things, too. Thanks for the apology, I appreciate it. Now, I retract what I said about my daughter, and I really am sorry about it. But I can't stay, Ridge. Not with 0311 as my screen name. I PMed Veggie Meat about changing my screen name, but it is very difficult. Now, I have absolutely no hard feelings, and I will come back in a few weeks under a different screen name. This time it's so long for real. Good luck in all your endeavors, Ridge. Good luck to all of yall, OSA. 0311 out.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You made a liar out of me; here I am posting after I said that I wouldn't, haha! The thing is, Ridge, my screen name will always associate me with Klan. 0311 is too close to 311. I was in the dark about 311 being code. When I stepped on my dick and insulted my daughter, I see how people associated that slur with 311. I used to say other pretty dumb things, too. Thanks for the apology, I appreciate it. Now, I retract what I said about my daughter, and I really am sorry about it. But I can't stay, Ridge. Not with 0311 as my screen name. I PMed Veggie Meat about changing my screen name, but it is very difficult. Now, I have absolutely no hard feelings, and I will come back in a few weeks under a different screen name. This time it's so long for real. Good luck in all your endeavors, Ridge. Good luck to all of yall, OSA. 0311 out.

0311, you have a PM coming ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom