Target has access to the OK Drivers License database!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TKR Reptiles

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Man, the paranoid crazies keep coming. 7-11 has been doing this for awhile for alcohol and tobacco purchases, why does Target matter? All they're doing is elminating the human error when checking your DOB and elminating any potentially fake IDs. But obviously the government is traking everything we do...

Exactly... Sometimes it seems like people just don't have enough to gripe about so they find anything they can lol.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's why they stopped using our SS# as our DL#. The only thing the DL# is used for is, well I don't know what it's used for besides our DL.

Well ... for one thing apparently Target is attempting to assimilate us ... ;) It's not that hard to tie a driver license number to a SSN these days. Danged computers ... I can tell them my birthday. They don't need the rest of the information that is on my DL.

Oh hey ... is the tin foil lining in my hat showing ... danggit ... lol

cpd23

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is easy information to get if you would like to see what they get from the bar code on your DL check out the following link. A trash can diver can gain the same information about you. LINK

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well ... for one thing apparently Target is attempting to assimilate us ... ;) It's not that hard to tie a driver license number to a SSN these days. Danged computers ... I can tell them my birthday. They don't need the rest of the information that is on my DL.

Oh hey ... is the tin foil lining in my hat showing ... danggit ... lol

I think if you're shopping at Target then you've already been assimilated.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back when I worked retail, in 1998, in Oklahoma, I could swipe TX licenses in our point of sale software to get the info into our computers. This was for applications for the store credit card, or for check verification.

Again, it's simply getting the information off the magnetic strip or bar code, not accessing some off-site database. When I worked there, it only stored the same information that most retailers already hand-wrote onto checks (name, DOB, DL number and state).

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And for giggles:
[Broken External Image]

Barcodes are nothing special, you can even download a font that will type it out for you. We use them all the time here in the office. Additionally, magnetic stripes are no different, its the same information encoded into magnetic ones and zeros. I've even taken my various cards and run them through MSRs just to see what was written on them. Not hard folks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom