The "Gimme Generation" - Warning! Rant ahead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of you worry way too much about things and people byond your control. Anxiety turns to frustration. Frustration turns to anger. Anger turns to bitterness.

Reflect on these words and try to live a better way...

Time as Ive known it
Doesnt take much time to pass by me
Minutes into days turn into months turn into years
They hurry by me

Still I love to see the sun go down
And the world go around

Dreams full of promises
Hopes for the future
Ive had many

Dreams I cant remember now
Hopes that Ive forgotten
Faded memories

And the world go around

And I love to see the morning
As it steals across the sky
I love to remember

And I love to wonder why
And I hope that Im around
So I can be there when I die
When Im gone

I hope that you will think of me
In moments when youre happy
And youre smiling

That a thought will comfort you
On cold and cloudy days
If you are crying

And the world go around
And around and around

Words and music by John Denver

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess it depends on where you look. Watch the Olympics this summer and you'll find a bunch of kids with exceptional work ethics. Spend some time with vets returning from Astan and you'll find another group of young people with excellent work ethics.

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's personal responsibility?

I can't work, I have anxiety.

Fix it for me.

Not my fault.

I don't like it, so I shouldn't have to deal with it.

Life done me wrong.

You're here to serve me.

Oh, and someone else needs to pay for it.

[/rant]

I know, I know, it's been said a million times before. I'm just fed up to the top with the :preocc:.

Sounds about like my shift last night in the ER. Society has completely lost its mechanism to cope.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds about like my shift last night in the ER. Society has completely lost its mechanism to cope.

Be thankful that you have a job.

I deal with lots of people on a daily basis. Most of whom are injured and in some way just kind of pissed off. A lot of times they focus that frustration on my staff and me. Unless they are completely unreasonable, I don't mind. I am happy to have the business.

Some of you all need to heed your own advice and display some of your own personal responsibility. You guys CHOSE your fields of work. Probably pays better than a lot of jobs. Either deal with it or go find something new.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be thankful that you have a job.

I deal with lots of people on a daily basis. Most of whom are injured and in some way just kind of pissed off. A lot of times they focus that frustration on my staff and me. Unless they are completely unreasonable, I don't mind. I am happy to have the business.

Some of you all need to heed your own advice and display some of your own personal responsibility. You guys CHOSE your fields of work. Probably pays better than a lot of jobs. Either deal with it or go find something new.
ok dad....

ItsOnlyMoney

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a real go getter you have there. Is he still employed?

Nope. Called in needing to take off for one bs reason after another. Fired last Wed. My guess is that when you don't have to pay for the roof over your head, your job just isn't a necessity/priority.

I don't have a problem with assistance for those who use it TEMPORARILY. It's just that we have generations of welfare families now. Raised to think having babies & collecting a check is their job. Theys start "working" at 14. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom