The Hunger Games Movie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
BadgeBunny said:
I was trying to explain this movie to GC the other day. Running Man was the only one I could come up with that he could relate to. It sucks being married to an old geezer ... ;)

He says you've never had it so good.:). I've got this idea....you take all the gangsta wanna be's roaming Quail Springs Mall, bus them to the old Crossroads, lock the doors, and tell them the last person alive gets a free shoes for life from footlocker. :). We could have reality tv a lot better than Hunger Games. Screw bows and spears, let's get some bullets flying. Haven't seen the movie yet, I'm an old fart and hate to stand in line.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Both my kids wanted to see it, and I watch everything they want. To me it was disturbing. Its one thing to have declared war, its something totally different to make warfare into a game show.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He says you've never had it so good.:). I've got this idea....you take all the gangsta wanna be's roaming Quail Springs Mall, bus them to the old Crossroads, lock the doors, and tell them the last person alive gets a free shoes for life from footlocker. :). We could have reality tv a lot better than Hunger Games. Screw bows and spears, let's get some bullets flying. Haven't seen the movie yet, I'm an old fart and hate to stand in line.

He's right. :)

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Generally, if a movie doesn't have cowboys, horses, Colts, Winchesters, and a damsel in distress I don't bother. But I would kinda like to see Hunger Games.

Furry Jello

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

Ha, this is hilarious.

C

Col. Ludlow

Both my kids wanted to see it, and I watch everything they want. To me it was disturbing. Its one thing to have declared war, its something totally different to make warfare into a game show.

Reality TV is the devil, and its final act will likely be something similar.

I thought the author was pretty clever to combine Greek myth with modern television. The movie is mega-successful because they pulled in the entire teen market, along with the sci-fi older guys, and, as one poster already mentioned, even the wives will go see it with you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom