Oklahoma School System

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claude

Marksman
Reaction score
I wonder if about half of them aren't coaches...and maybe para-professionals. Toss in about half of the rest are probably philosophy majors on emergency certification and you still have a broken system.

See a couple of the small school sups knocking down 6 figure plus salaries in the second link. That's effective use of tax money. I notice there's no shortage of administration personnel in public schools. Well except around June when they play musical chairs between different schools.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, we do. This isn’t something new. Neither party can claim this. We just keep electing people who are not interested in doing what is best, only in what they think will get them elected again

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, we do. This isn’t something new. Neither party can claim this. We just keep electing people who are not interested in doing what is best, only in what they think will get them elected again
we elect republicans by a vast majority. They do a lot of good things, imo, but they own this stinker of an issue. its gonna hurt em.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^^^^you must be new to Oklahoma. This school funding problem is not a new thing. Goes way back. The votes own this. The previous state sec of Ed was strongly owned (and other things) by the dem party leaders. The rep house is a relatively new situation. I'd love to blame this on one or the other, but like most voters, I haven't paid enough attention to who was running for these seats, so I own part of this problem

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if about half of them aren't coaches...and maybe para-professionals. Toss in about half of the rest are probably philosophy majors on emergency certification and you still have a broken system.

See a couple of the small school sups knocking down 6 figure plus salaries in the second link. That's effective use of tax money. I notice there's no shortage of administration personnel in public schools. Well except around June when they play musical chairs between different schools.

At least that second link indicates that not all superintendents are knocking down $200,000 salaries as one person commented in the other school thread. Having been a school board member in a small district, I know his statement to be false.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
At least that second link indicates that not all superintendents are knocking down $200,000 salaries as one person commented in the other school thread. Having been a school board member in a small district, I know his statement to be false.

I don't believe the post you are referencing was saying that ALL of them make over $200k, but rather using that number as an average. Some make significantly more than $200k also. Whether that assumption for an average is accurate or not is a whole 'nuther story. Just sayin'.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not defending or disparaging them, but Tulsa and OKC sups have the lowest salary per student ratio of all superintendents in Oklahoma.

Why does a sups salary have any bearing on students ratio in a district?
But Oklahoma Sups have the highest salary ratio of any State.
Over 500 sups X $200,000 = $100,000,000.00 (Plus add office staff and etc. $25,000,000.00)

77 Counties X 200,000 = $15,400,000.00
Let the large schools in OKC & Tulsa have a separate Sups.
But only one Sups in each County

That is the post I was referring to, and in it, he is saying over 500 superintendents at $200,000 in that second paragraph. Doesn't sound like he's saying "average" at all. That is why I questioned him over there, but he hasn't responded as of yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom