The Wall - Going Military

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Politically, you have the same world issues as with an external kill zone, though without the issue of conquest of foreign soil. Domestically, you also have the Fifth Amendment taking (just a matter of writing some cheques), as well as the unpopularity with the locals whose land is seized. And, as always, the fact that there are a ****-ton of illegals and sympathizers already here who would become very agitated if their brothers and sisters start pushing up daisies as a matter of national policy.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I occurs to me that it might be cheaper to dig a ditch (or moat or whatever you want to call it) and have the Coast Guard blockade it instead of building a wall.

It occurs to me that the Rio Grand - a large portion of our southern border - is a navigable waterway, eligible to be patrolled by the Coast Guard. If memory serves, the Coast Guard patrols the Arkansas River as far north as Tulsa.

Woody

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmmm....

....do you suppose that the "undocumented" aliens in this country would return to Mexico to fight on their side?

Could that be something to consider in U.S. strategy?

I'd consider those illegals as a fifth column, already in place, and their influx sanctioned by the Democrat Party.

Woody

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Politically, you have the same world issues as with an external kill zone, though without the issue of conquest of foreign soil. Domestically, you also have the Fifth Amendment taking (just a matter of writing some cheques), as well as the unpopularity with the locals whose land is seized. And, as always, the fact that there are a ****-ton of illegals and sympathizers already here who would become very agitated if their brothers and sisters start pushing up daisies as a matter of national policy.

I vote for s ‘Kill Zone’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For a bunch a Christians and championers of human rights (sorry natural rights that all humans are endowed with) I see a bunch of people advocating for a more aggressive ROE than Iraq on our borders against a group of people that you have more in common with than you think.
Also for a bunch of what I would expect would be champions of small government, you sure do enjoy the thought of disrupting a bunch of state economies in a very expensive and obviously political move because Trump can't back up his promises by traditional means.

Y'all need to get out and meet some Mexicans. And embrace the Latin wave, its coming, in fact, its here, and here to stay.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For a bunch a Christians and championers of human rights (sorry natural rights that all humans are endowed with) I see a bunch of people advocating for a more aggressive ROE than Iraq on our borders against a group of people that you have more in common with than you think.
Really? All I see is a bunch of folks wanting US laws enforced. :drunk2:

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really? All I see is a bunch of folks wanting US laws enforced. :drunk2:
Don't pretend laws = morality. If America is a country with "kill-zone" laws, then it isn't a country we should want to be involved with. Absolutely no law is enforced with a bullet except in cases of self-defense or threat to law enforcement officer (in theory). Sorry, an immigrant crossing a border does not pose a direct threat to YOU or any officer.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW... if you read my posts, you'll see that all I have advocated is rubber bullets and bean-bag shotguns.

Also... "threat" is in the eye of the beholder. Illegal immigrants consume resources that legally belong to (and are paid for by) US citizens.

Again, just my two cents. :drunk2:

Then legalize them and tax them, integrate them otherwise they're going to integrate YOU!
Theft, in most states and federally, is not justification for homicide.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then legalize them and tax them, integrate them otherwise they're going to integrate YOU!
Theft, in most states and federally, is not justification for homicide.
As mentioned, there is already a legal process in place for immigrants to enter the US.

If they don't respect those laws, why would you think they'll obey others?

Thanks, but no thanks. :drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom