China likely exploiting border chaos to sneak military operatives into U.S.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
China is likely using the chaotic conditions on the southern border to insert military personnel into the U.S., the chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee charged on Wednesday.

Rep. Mark Green, Tennessee Republican, said among the large number of Chinese migrants who have rushed the border since President Biden took office are people with “known ties to the PLA” — the People’s Liberation Army.

“We have no idea who these people are, and it’s very likely, using Russia’s template of sending military personnel into Ukraine, China is doing the same into the United States,” Mr. Green said.

The number of Chinese immigrants who are in the U.S. illegally has exploded this year. Border Patrol agents caught nearly 8,000 of them since Jan. 1. That includes 3,195 in April alone, which is a 20-fold increase over last April, when agents caught just 146 of the immigrants.

They’re hitting the southern tip of Texas particularly hard. The Border Patrol in the Rio Grande Valley sector detained 2,600 of them in April, the vast majority coming in as single adults.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/jun/14/chinese-may-be-inserting-military-operatives-throu/
Like Russia from the Cold War days I’d say they have been here for a long time.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
the chinese bought diamonback prison in watonga? i thought that one belonged to ex gov keatings family?
oklahomabassin confirmed the Chinese didn't buy Diamondback. They did buy the old Custer City school and the old carpet factory in Watonga plus other locations around there lol.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m finding this awful frustrating, as it seems like I’m gonna get priced out of buying a piece of land to build a home on. I want to buy 40+ acres, put a shop, barn, and home on it, maybe start a little homestead and try to be relatively self sufficient. I really hope that number would be 640 acres, but at the rate land keeps going up I’m afraid that I won’t be able to afford 5 acres.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m finding this awful frustrating, as it seems like I’m gonna get priced out of buying a piece of land to build a home on. I want to buy 40+ acres, put a shop, barn, and home on it, maybe start a little homestead and try to be relatively self sufficient. I really hope that number would be 640 acres, but at the rate land keeps going up I’m afraid that I won’t be able to afford 5 acres.
Unfortunately, I don’t see land prices going down. I’m not sure if any has sold at these prices, but I know of a 160 acre piece of raw land in Alfalfa county that’s listed by a realtor for $4250/acre and a 400 acre place for sale by owner for $5000/acre. That’s cheap compared to asking prices around me in east TX. There’s 27 acres a mile north of my place that a realtor has listed for $13,500/acre, and it’s 15 miles from town.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh no, beaches aren’t my thing, but I might buy a big travel trailer and start RV-ing with you. :thumb:

Edit to add…my wife said no to the RV-ing.
:anyone:

Back some years ago, a fellow on one of the RV forums where I participate stated that he sold his RV because all his wife ever did was complain about camping.

A few months went by and he returned to say that his wife asked him a question. They did Christian ministries by going to different places and helping fix up needy people's houses. She mentioned to him that if they had their own RV and could stay in it on the mission trips, they would ALWAYS know they had fresh sheets and more room to hang clothes.

They ended up buying another RV, and this time, she started planning places for them to go camping.

Latest posts

Top Bottom