Tipping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I reckon I'm an azzhole, because I only tip 10% of the tab. I only tithe 10% at church, I don't figure a waiter/waitress should get more from me than God does.

Tight azz.

If you got someone waiting on you at a table and the service ain’t deplorable, tip 20%.

If the service is deplorable, they get nothing. Find a different gig.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll do 20% in a sit-down restaurant. And something at a sonic type place.

But it is annoying for places to ask for the tip in advance. Golden coral used to do that and it's a freaking buffet.

I’ll leave a couple 3 bucks on the table for someone to clean up my dishes. Same at the pizza buffet. I fancy myself as a decent tipper, but if I’m getting my own food and refilling my own drinks, you’re getting a couple 3 bucks for bussing the table. If ya want 20%, go get a job waiting tables.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Geez I regularly tip $5 at Sonic on a 4 dollar breakfast burrito.
Probably 30-40% when we go out.
Good service and good food then I don't mind

I don’t care how small the bill is, if you bring it to my table you’re getting $5 minimum.

Yes, I’ve tipped more than my tab before.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the business wasn’t the type to receive tips 15-20 years ago they don’t get one today. As for sit down restaurants I start at 15% for lunch/breakfast and 20% for dinner which can go up or down depending on the service. I’ll also tip delivery people ie when we had new furniture delivered (an entire house worth) the guys were really accommodating and spent time making sure everything was where we wanted so I gave them each $50.

Latest posts

Top Bottom