To the person that ran over my dog....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hit a dog back in high school. no blood no gore, just a broken neck. I hesitated for a second but stopped and turned around. helped the owner load it in the back of my truck and took it to their vet. He saw the whole thing and said there was nothing I could do. Just thankful that the kids didn't see it.

sorry for the way that went down. There could have been some compassion but none was shown.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That really sucks. I feel for you and your family.

I suppose I will disagree with the sentiment that they guy should have stopped. Fortunately, I have never ran over a dog yet, although I'm sure I probably will at some point. I'm not sure how I would have reacted if I did. How can you be certain that the driver saw your family there watching it? Even if he did, is it the best thing to stop? Perhaps the owner is crazy and would try to retaliate against you? Perhaps they just really don't want to talk to the guy who just killed their dog even if he's there to say sorry? This guy could be at home telling his wife how horrible his day was that he just ran over someone's dog and he feels awful about it. You just don't know.

I gotta go this way myself. I've lost dogs and I can imagine how terrible you all are feeling. I can also imagine the person that hit the dog feels pretty terrible about it to. I can see not wanting to stop. In that situation you're the bad guy no matter what when you run over a dog.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I couldn't imagine losing my dog like that, i have had my dog since the 4th grade and I love him to death. It would probably be best if the person didn't stop if the hit my dog so I do know where doctorjj is coming from.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I ran over the neighbors dog one day a few years ago and I didnt stop. But it was 6:00 am and their lights were not on so I didnt want to go wake them up too. I did stop on my way home and said I Was sorry and he was fine actually, he said "I never could get that dam dog to stop chasing cars and I knew it was a matter of time".
He was right, this dog would run straight to the road when a truck was coming and turn at the last minute and run beside the truck down the road, I guess when he went to turn, he slipped and went out in front of me and I got him with both tires. I felt horrible but after talking to him and seeing that he wasn't real upset, I felt a little better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom