Tornado headed toward BA on Muskogee Turnpike?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A really weird last couple of weeks with these storms.

My #2 daughter dodged the first tornado in Shawnee by hanging out with her cousins in Tecumseh. They had been in Shawnee before the storm hit.

The next day another tornado hits the OKC area and my cousin and various friends in Moore and other areas their damages from the storm range from all out to minimal.

Now we get something tonight out here, although thankfully small at F 0-1 and not very damaging, still, was almost in our backyard. And there is more coming tomorrow that could possibly be even more damaging than tonight.

I was in a few earthquakes growing up and living in California- I was a student living in Oakland in 89' during the worst for me, the killer quake in the bay area- and while they seem like all hell has broken loose, I think tornadoes have earthquakes beat for pure scare factor. That tornado was close to us tonight but a bunch of people all around us were just acting like it was nothing, and weirdly I understand it. There are just some people who experience an adrenaline rush while a natural disaster is occuring vs those who get scared and freak out. Weird.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in a few earthquakes growing up and living in California- I was a student living in Oakland in 89' during the worst for me, the killer quake in the bay area- and while they seem like all hell has broken loose, I think tornadoes have earthquakes beat for pure scare factor. That tornado was close to us tonight but a bunch of people all around us were just acting like it was nothing, and weirdly I understand it. There are just some people who experience an adrenaline rush while a natural disaster is occuring vs those who get scared and freak out. Weird.

My rule if daylight: If it looks stationary and getting bigger, take cover. Else, light one up and pop another top.

My rule if not daylight: Watch the lighting show. If it looks close, take cover. Else, light one up and pop another top.

Latest posts

Top Bottom