Tornado headed toward BA on Muskogee Turnpike?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prayers for all my friends, family and especially OSA members being affected by the rampage of storms in OK this time of year. I'm in Chicago right now just watching radar and praying daily for you all.

05/19: I live 5 miles south of Carney so missed the devastation there.
05/20: The monster that hit Moore missed 2 of my daughters by 4 blocks and another one by about 8. We have many friends that lost everything. The lady with the infant that perished in the 7-11 store freezer was a high school friend of my middle girl.
Now this, 05/30: Lots of OSA friends dodging the bullet in BA! Sure hope you all are safe!

YakBasser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_05_31_yju8e7eb.jpg
Friends of ours house at 81st and 51 area. They are OK.
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_05_31_4ytagyry.jpg

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
05/20: The monster that hit Moore missed 2 of my daughters by 4 blocks and another one by about 8. We have many friends that lost everything. The lady with the infant that perished in the 7-11 store freezer was a high school friend of my middle girl.

Talk about six degrees ^^^^^^ -- an office friend told me his fiancée knew her, too.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It spun right over our house and seemed to start popping power lines soon as it went over.

Crazy... just crazy!!!

I was outside watching that same set of clouds over your house just to the east of me Patrick... just then the sirens blew and about made me jump out of my skin.

Prayers to all those effected. Looks like it missed most of us in the area.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in a few earthquakes growing up and living in California- I was a student living in Oakland in 89' during the worst for me, the killer quake in the bay area- and while they seem like all hell has broken loose, I think tornadoes have earthquakes beat for pure scare factor. That tornado was close to us tonight but a bunch of people all around us were just acting like it was nothing, and weirdly I understand it. There are just some people who experience an adrenaline rush while a natural disaster is occuring vs those who get scared and freak out. Weird.

I was hanging out with my girlfriend (at the time) who worked at the hotel on 61st and 145th in BA about 10 years ago. A tornado touched down a few miles away so she had to get all the guest down stairs to shelter. We were all haning out and some guy from Florida started popping off how he wasn't scared of a tornado the he's been in plenty hurricanes and "they are way worse!" I kept trying to explain to the guy that a tornando is the most distructive natural force in the world... Even over his hurricanes. I was giving him chit that 150mph straight wind might take a few shingles off his house but 300mph rotating winds will level everything it touches!!!
He still just sat there running his mouth mad that he couldn't go back upstairs to his room.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hurricaines are worse in the sense that they last somtimes 2 freaking days.

I have been in 3 hurricaines, I would rather endure the threat of more damage with a tornado thats usually over in seconds, Over watching a monster coming for 2 weeks, and it takes two terrifying days to pass.

I will take a tornado ANYDAY over a hurricaine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom