True Grit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This movie will not disappoint. Even non-western loving people will like this movie. There were more laughs than many comedies I've seen as well. I have always enjoyed the Cohen brothers sense of humor. It is good to see Matt Damon redeem himself a bit after that pile of crap Green Zone that I wasted my time and money on.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just saw it tonight and I must say it is one of the best movies I have seen in some time. I am a big John Wayne fan (who isn't) but thought Jeff Bridges put on an Academy Award performance. HOWEVER, I think the girl that played Maddie Ross stole the show.

PS: I didn't see that ending coming

BC

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just saw it tonight and I must say it is one of the best movies I have seen in some time. I am a big John Wayne fan (who isn't) but thought Jeff Bridges put on an Academy Award performance. HOWEVER, I think the girl that played Maddie Ross stole the show.

BC

We are going tomorrow night. GC's present for hitting his 20 year mark with OHP -- well and dinner. He is just dying to see it ... Thanks for the reviews guys!

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

BC

^^What he said and I think if the Duke was alive today,he would be pleased with Jeff Bridge's performance.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

BC

PSS: Even though I don't like Matt Damon, he was also pretty darn good

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw it last night, it was good. I dislike Damon and Bridges politics and stances on gun control especially when they are making money from movies where firearms have a large part in their roles. Setting that personal issue aside it was OK. I kept hearing how this wasn't a remake but aside from fleshing out some additional details it seemed awful close to the original, been a few years since I saw the Wayne version though and I read the book almost 30 years ago so maybe my memory is fuzzy.

John Wayne will always be Rooster Cogburn to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom