True Grit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
The dialogue was pretty much the same. It was interesting to see those guys deliver lines delivered by Wayne and company.

The only line I wish Bridges had delivered was "Young fella, if you're lookin' for trouble, I'll accommodate ya."

The 1969 version was a great movie. This version was a great movie. My advice to all John Wayne fans is to go see it. Don't be critical. Just go and enjoy a good Western. They make damn few of them nowdays. Maybe if this one is successful enough, we'll get a couple more.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, Im glad to see another western on the big screen.

I will say, while I think the movie was good, I was a little disappointed. Cant put my finger on why, but I was. I might need to watch it a few more times when it hits Bluray and let it soak. Right now, Im giving a slight edge to 69 just for nostalgia.

This comes from a Coen fan.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really wish this had happened:

“The Chinaman is running them cheap shells on me again.”

"Rooster, 'Chinaman' is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please."

E: Because I'm bored

ai.imgur.com_K1HOX.jpg

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, Im glad to see another western on the big screen.

I will say, while I think the movie was good, I was a little disappointed. Cant put my finger on why, but I was. I might need to watch it a few more times when it hits Bluray and let it soak. Right now, Im giving a slight edge to 69 just for nostalgia.

This comes from a Coen fan.

You read my thoughts D.

Latest posts

Top Bottom