Vacuum Recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedHawk357Mag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got the carpets updated and installed. The guy that sold us the carpets said not to use a beater type vacuum as it will cause the carpet to fuzz excessively, or wear the carpet prematurely. Been a die hard Kirby guy for twenty plus years. The only other vacuum I know anything about is Rainbow but if I recall correctly it also has a beater head. Kinda Dyson apprehensive, too much plastic for too much moolah. I am not against polymer but I prefer my vacuum to be somewhat beastly. So if you got any suggestions that would work for heavy shag carpet I would appreciate a couple names to look at. Thanks.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Brad A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty much all vacs that have a roll brush have a switch to engage it so get whichever and just don't use the rollbrush on that carpet.

RedHawk357Mag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was considering pulling the belt on the Kirby for the time being until I figured out the permanent solution. I might have to give this extended time. Thanks for the response.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a shark professional. I love it. And I have had a dyson before. It is much better than the dyson was. They are way overpriced. My shark is a rotator and came with a bunch of attachments and it came with a cart that I can take my vacuum apart and it becomes a shop vac type that I can roll around. All that for under $250. Very easy to use and switching attachments and everything is a breeze.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kirby doesnt have a beater bar just a roller
Shark is pretty good with the 72 vacuums?? but still use the old beater type system.....dont know why , they have power
For best ....well thats just kinda like...which gun should I use...Good Luck

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did a lot of research before buying one and I settled on a Miele S7 upright. They are the only ones on the market that actually put out clean air. The others leak and don't actually filter the air, so you're just blowing dust around. There are a bunch of particle tests on YouTube which make Dyson's and a bunch of other vacuums look terrible. It also has a switch on the handle to turn on/off the brush roll.

Viper16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had a Dyson 25 Ball for +6 years, use it three times a week, not one issue with it. The plastic is not cheap but very durable, and light weight, its bad when you have to swing around cast aluminum (extra weight) when it is not necessarily needed. I like that the roller brush has its own electric motor, hated messing with belts that tie onto the main motor, as they slipped, burned, caused performance to vacuum if not running on the right ride setting and was putting a greater load on the brushes.

I will buy another Dyson when this one goes, but don't expect it to be giving up the ghost any time soon. My wife scoffed at me for getting one back then, but now we both enjoy the ease of use as often as we vacuum. I have one hairy German Shephard Mutt, with mixed hard / carpet flooring.

If I was in the market to spend big money on a vacuum cleaner then I would look at a higher end brand...but spending more than $600+ was not in my need list. For others with allergies or demand the tight HEPA filtration would be better off with the bagged type. Hell I cant keep my dog from shedding in a day...so I felt no need for those types of vacuums, and allergies are not a problem with myself or my wife.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shark without a doubt. My wife bought one late summer and the thing is remarkable. Every time she uses it, multiple times a week, the collector is the proof in the pudding as it gets the job done FAR better than the old Panasonic. She likes its ease of moving under and around things too. She could do a commercial for the company as her response to it is, "best vacuum I have owned in my 64 yrs on this earth"

Latest posts

Top Bottom