Velvet Buck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The previous 3 seasons that I've owned this property either of these would have been by far the biggest bucks we've had on camera. This season I've got about 5 others that are similar size and 3 that are much bigger. Let these guys walk another year or 2 and the place is really gonna start producing.
image.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The previous 3 seasons that I've owned this property either of these would have been by far the biggest bucks we've had on camera. This season I've got about 5 others that are similar size and 3 that are much bigger. Let these guys walk another year or 2 and the place is really gonna start producing.

Those are certainly some up and comers. I love it when a plan comes together!

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, this was gonna be the year I just threw in the towel if we didn't see any changes. Gets hard putting in all the hours in the offseason and sitting in the stand for hours on end on the strike out. This time around I dropped 80lbs of corn in front of 4 cameras and 7 days later it was all gone. Previous years I had the feeders throwing for 2 seconds once a day and the corn was completely piled up underneath.
image.jpeg

Okie4Life

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With all these velvet bucks, I thought I would share one also. In this part of the country it is rare to find one still in velvet during season. I kill this guy October 3rd. 2008 in Payne County. A smaller buck behind him was already completely rubbed off. This guys hadn't even started. He is mounted in my office still with the velvet. Excuse the crazy eyes and the crooked hat, it was a long evening.

Attachments

• Deer_1.jpg
    Deer_1.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 219

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With all these velvet bucks, I thought I would share one also. In this part of the country it is rare to find one still in velvet during season. I kill this guy October 3rd. 2008 in Payne County. A smaller buck behind him was already completely rubbed off. This guys hadn't even started. He is mounted in my office still with the velvet. Excuse the crazy eyes and the crooked hat, it was a long evening.

That's awesome! Definitely a rarity and a fine buck at that.

Y'all are all enjoying pictures of bucks and I'm over here with fawns, does and hard evidence of the sign I've found prominent this year. Camera couldn't decide if it was light or dark, so I got a shadow.

Attachments

• MFDC2336.JPG
    MFDC2336.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 173

Latest posts

Top Bottom