What do you still eat or drink from your childhood?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sting75ray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fried mush. I love the stuff but my wife hates when I make it. It does make a mess on the stove. The first time I made it for her and my daughters they did not want to try it but after one bite they were hooked.

SoonerCowboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saltine and mayo w/chocolate milk. We were dirt poor when I was young and the crackers and mayo was pretty much my cookies.

Bacon sandwich with mustard for breakfast. My grandpa got me hooked on this and I think of him every time I eat it. Pretty much every other day. I take 3 cholesterol pills a day so I'm good.

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha...I loved both of these and even have a current source for Space Food-like Sticks. Let me guess were you a space program fan?

In 1969, every kid was a fan.
Remember the Space Food Stick commercials on TV? The cool factor was way up there on that snack!

Most of you youngsters have no idea what we're talking about.

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ritz crackers, sharp longhorn cheddar cheese, and olives. Had two uncles and an aunt who worked at the tractor plants in Davenport , Iowa and Moline , Illionois. When they came to visit they would stop at local deli store and get these items. We were poor also so the only time I saw these items when they came.
I can still make a meal of those three items today.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
bacon egg and peanut butter sandwich, yoohoo since i can't find chocolate soldier, oreo cookies, peanut butter on pancakes, chocolate gravy, from time to time i cook some ground beef and canned corn and add it to some macaroni and cheese, the kind made with the powdered cheese sauce. Beans and cornbread with some spinach. And many other things.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grits, Charleston Chews, and some other stuff. Im not that old so I pretty much still eat the same stuff I always have.
Had Chocolate Gravy for the first time last month. I hadnt even heard of it. Its good!

Latest posts

Top Bottom