What do you think constitutes "disability"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's kind of funny. Most of us see someone post in a strange way (in red, in boldface, in large font, etc.) and we immediately assume he's just a troublemaker of sorts. I'm sure, in reality, it's usually just as it is in EhlerDave's case, some sort of physical reason.

EhlerDave, if red works best for you, have at it. We can cope. However, for me, blue is better. It doesn't matter, really.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Disability benefits don't amount to much, I can't imagine trying to game the system for such a small piece of the pie. Not saying it doesn't happen, just can't figure out how it could be lucrative.

My FIL went on disability a few years ago after repeated knee surgeries and he gets 2100.00 a month. Granted, that's not a lot, but it was close to what he was making at the time he quit working and had his last round of surgeries. I guess at age 63 with two bummed knees he decided it was time to quit.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My FIL went on disability a few years ago after repeated knee surgeries and he gets 2100.00 a month. Granted, that's not a lot, but it was close to what he was making at the time he quit working and had his last round of surgeries. I guess at age 63 with two bummed knees he decided it was time to quit.

I hope this is not my future. I have had knee surgery and now they say it needs a total replacement. The other knee needs surgery also. I can't get the replacement, because I can't afford to take off of work that long. I am going to go as long as I can.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You may be increasing your chances of a bad knee replacement by waiting too long??? I don't think the time off it all that long nowadays.

Latest posts

Top Bottom