What rubber are you running?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have Goodyear Duratrac on a 2500HD 4 door duramax 4x4. I have had them right at 15 months. I will get them again. When I am running unloaded, I only run 50 psi in the rear tires and they get great off road traction. If I air up to 65-70 psi it spins a lot easier off road, but I also run a +130 horsepower tune. I went a little long on first rotation and when they were rotated they were a little noisy at first but smoothed out pretty quick.

Running Cooper ST Maxx on the 2500 HD work truck. They were good at first, but have rock chipped bad here lately. Keep in mind this truck get 35000 miles a year on rural roads. I will likely be trying a set of Goodyear Duratracs next.

OK Quail Hunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the suggestions, the reason I said I was moderatly impressed with the BFGs was that I had to replace the first set I had at ~15k miles due to uneven wear. The dealer wouldn't sell me just 2 because I have 4wd and they could not be held liable for any damage to the drivetrain with different size tires, they tried to charge me to replace the 2 that weren't worn, but after a "nice" discussion they repalced all 4 at no cost. The Michelin LTX is what I have now and yes they are great on longevity but like I said they just seem to lose traction once I get off the beaten path. I've got some more options to look at now, which is why I asked. Thanks again!

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Put Cooper A/T3's on my 2000 Silverado 1500 4x4 the day I bought it. Really good aforadable all around tire and does well on wet roads.. Check the reviews before buying anything.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have Goodyear Duratrac on a 2500HD 4 door duramax 4x4. I have had them right at 15 months. I will get them again. When I am running unloaded, I only run 50 psi in the rear tires and they get great off road traction. If I air up to 65-70 psi it spins a lot easier off road, but I also run a +130 horsepower tune. I went a little long on first rotation and when they were rotated they were a little noisy at first but smoothed out pretty quick.

Running Cooper ST Maxx on the 2500 HD work truck. They were good at first, but have rock chipped bad here lately. Keep in mind this truck get 35000 miles a year on rural roads. I will likely be trying a set of Goodyear Duratracs next.

Yea, I did alot of talking to guys on multiple forums & from numerous different states who had use these Kelly's in basically every application I could ever encounter. all reviews were praising them & the Duratrac's. So right before I got them I did a 2" lift block out back & cranked the TB just enough to level it out. slapped a set of 285/75/16's on there & took er out below Keystone dam. Anyone who knows the area down below the dam thats for offroad/4 wheelers knows how quick you can get stuck. It's a sand pit all the way back to the mud. I only got stuck after goin through a hole that was far too big for my truck's ability and I almost made it out but the pumpkin dug into the mud. Needless to say they passed my test on sand/mud/rain. I'm sad I have had them for almost 2yrs now & haven't had any snow to test them in. I'll say as long as they sell these tires, it's the only thing I'll buy for my truck. I also bought in 10-ply but they are available in 6-ply for less money. I just wanted the toughest tire I could get. Wear is incredible compared to horror stories I have heard about other even higher priced brands.

gearys 5600

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had very good luck with Firestone Destination ATs; I'm on my third set between two Explorers (the second set was almost brand-new when I wrecked the truck). I also had a set of Destination LEs on my Ranger that I quite liked, but they have less traction than the ATs.

I have the Firestone destination A/T's on my 2000 jeep Cherokee classic and love them. Excellent wear, excellent traction.

I have Toyo open country M/T's on my Ford F-250, 10 ply, and really like those also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom