What to do about neighbors selling drugs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't buy weed. Never have and never will. I also never said that buying weed wouldn't get you in trouble. The only thing I said was that the law isn't always right from a moral standpoint. You say the Nazi thing is stretched, but it happened less than 75 years ago. There are people alive that remember it. Perhaps you'd prefer the laws that inspired the Bill of Rights to be used as examples?

Keeping people from buying or selling weed is comparable to suppression of civil rights, murder, and other war crimes that happened in Nazi controlled Europe???

[Broken External Image]

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keeping people from buying or selling weed is comparable to suppression of civil rights, murder, and other war crimes that happened in Nazi controlled Europe???

The underlying principle is the same. The law may/may not be morally right. If someone says that they think something is wrong then I hope they have actual reason behind their argument that's more sound than "everyone says so", which is the over simplified way of saying "but it's against the law." Otherwise it just comes across as "baaaaa.... I let others think for me."

Perhaps they could even be so intellectually bold as to look into WHY the law says something. You know, examine some of the reasoning that went into the decision?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The same could be said to people who believe that the sale of "assault rifles" shouldn't be restricted.

Which we do. At least I do, not infrequently. My State Rep knows my name and email by heart at this point. ;)

Understood... however, the right to ingest any substance that may or may not have significant public health impact is not specifically enumerated in the Constitution or Bill of Rights. I'm not arguing for or against substance use/abuse at the moment, but it IS heavily regulated at this point.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There's a big huge difference in Meth used as a medication and Meth made in an ice chest.

People people, read a little history on Prohibition. K nobody had a problem if a guy made some moonshine that was quality. It was the stuff that made ya go blind that caused problems. K nobody cared if you made a good still to cook your brew, if ya did it someplace safe. They only cared when it started blowing people up in apartment buildings and houses. Know body cared if you got drunk on illegal liquor, they only cared when you got all drunked up and drove into a bus full of kids. Know body cared if you got drunk in your house....but when ya started drinking poison liquor and beating your wife and not showing up to work and being a burden on society........

We had to mind your business. We've been down this road before.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's a big huge difference in Meth used as a medication and Meth made in an ice chest.

People people, read a little history on Prohibition. K nobody had a problem if a guy made some moonshine that was quality. It was the stuff that made ya go blind that caused problems. K nobody cared if you made a good still to cook your brew, if ya did it someplace safe. They only cared when it started blowing people up in apartment buildings and houses. Know body cared if you got drunk on illegal liquor, they only cared when you got all drunked up and drove into a bus full of kids. Know body cared if you got drunk in your house....but when ya started drinking poison liquor and beating your wife and not showing up to work and being a burden on society........

I've read more than a little, and this is the most inaccurate summary of prohibition I've ever read.

Unsafe liquor was caused by prohibition. Direct result of criminalizing distilling.

Also, I'm sure you're aware the government intentionally poisoned industrial alcohol (estimates are up to 10,000 people were killed) to sway public opinion in favor of prohibition, right?

I can give you some reading if you'd like.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Look at my thumb.....
....oh never mind.

Sent from my meh, using my meh.

Latest posts

Top Bottom