What to do about neighbors selling drugs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then you'd be fine with it being legalized for the average joe so long as it was made by licensed/certified/regulated companies and sold with adequate warning labels/literature? Just wondering. Nuclear power isn't exactly something that can be generated safely from one's home, but there are plenty of nuke plants with spotless safety records.

That's the status quo for meth.

Sent at a speed of 3*10^8 meters per second via Tapatalk.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The police won't do anything about the drugs. They don't investigate unless there is something major that involves lots of money or murder. The most you can do is have them come out on a noise complaint. Call as much as you can on it, and the cops will get tired of having to go check it out, and may start looking for ways to make them stop. Look for any type of code violations, and call the city inspector and explain they are trashy, and mention the noise and the danger they(or their customers) pose. They will threaten them with a fine for any infractions, and their landlord will get a notice as well. In drug dealing, most attention, is bad attention. MYOB is all well and good if they are respectful. If not, f*ck 'em.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then you'd be fine with it being legalized for the average joe so long as it was made by licensed/certified/regulated companies and sold with adequate warning labels/literature? Just wondering. Nuclear power isn't exactly something that can be generated safely from one's home, but there are plenty of nuke plants with spotless safety records.

I think you've misjudged my position.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No. The law says it's okay as long as it's manufactured in an approved facility. Sent at a speed of 3*10^8 meters per second via Tapatalk.

Which I agree with. The part I question is not allowing an average joe (having been warned about the danger of a product) to have access to said product if that's his choice. There's something to be said for assumption of risk.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which I agree with. The part I question is not allowing an average joe (having been warned about the danger of a product) to have access to said product if that's his choice. There's something to be said for assumption of risk.

Ummm... the point is it takes a lot more knowledge than reading a warning label to be properly educated about the risks of some substances.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ummm... the point is it takes a lot more knowledge than reading a warning label to be properly educated about the risks of some substances.

So there's a difference between a doctor saying "this crap will kill you" and a label saying the same thing? What if the content on the label is written by a doctor?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So there's a difference between a doctor saying "this crap will kill you" and a label saying the same thing? What if the content on the label is written by a doctor?

The difference is that the doctor is responsible for knowing things about you and your mental state, your physical health, the other medications you may be on, the purpose of your desire for the medication or the general need for it, the risk of the medication itself alone and in conjunction with all the other conditions stated above, weighing that risk, making a judgement on the appropriateness and safety as well as efficacy of the substance, then also counseling you on all these things so you can make an informed judgement together and then prescribing the medication under recommended guidelines, monitoring its use and effectiveness, along with any potential side effects, even those unnoticed by the user, adjusting dosage appropriately given all the ongoing and changing circumstances and health conditions and making sure it is being used appropriately, safely and is not being diverted, abused or having delterious consequences otherwise not considered.

So... no... a warning label is not sufficient.

<edit> Whew... now my fingers hurt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom