Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerShooter08

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just called OSBI today to do a status check and they said I should be getting a letter this week. I then called my dad and he said that they received a letter from OSBI today that said I could call the SO and arrange pickup of my license. Overall, it took about 71 days and that's even though I had to submit additional information to prove US citizenship. I'm happy as can be, but unfortunately my CCL is in Claremore and I'm taking classes in Norman. I'm going to call tomorrow to see if I can pick it up on Saturday or if my dad can pick it up. I'm thinking no on the latter. If I can't get it this weekend I'll have to drive up there Monday night and pick it up Tuesday morning and then drive back for class. The next few days are going to seem longer than the 71 that I waited.

azmrb

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I got my license on day 75. I never did get a letter in the mail from OSBI or any correspondence at all from OSBI. Just a call from a nice lady at the sheriffs office was it.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just received my Utah permit in the mail a couple of days ago.

I'm just within my 90 days prior to renewal of my Oklahoma license so I guess I'd better get my picture taken and send in the renewal application.

Bryan

Reaction score
OSBI is taking _forever_ to fufill packet requests these days, we're sitting at 3+ weeks at this point we've been out of application packets, that by law the OSBI must provide.[/QUOTE]

Check your lawbook I believe it says that OSBI will provide applications to the Sheriff's Offices and no one else (I didn't see other agencies listed as required to provide these to...maybe I'm wrong I think I'll go back and read it again just make sure).

tempusfugit77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took my CCL class last weekend. Stopped by the Sheriff's office on Monday and they were out of packets. Requested one from the OSBI on the same day. After reading the posts here, I was expecting a 3 week wait. Much to my surprise, I received the packet on Wednesday, only 2 days later! Now on to get fingerprinted...

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OSBI is taking _forever_ to fufill packet requests these days, we're sitting at 3+ weeks at this point we've been out of application packets, that by law the OSBI must provide

Check your lawbook I believe it says that OSBI will provide applications to the Sheriff's Offices and no one else (I didn't see other agencies listed as required to provide these to...maybe I'm wrong I think I'll go back and read it again just make sure).

Quote from 21 OS 1290.12 A.1

"An eligible person may request an application packet for a concealed handgun license from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation or the county sheriff's office either in person or by mail. The Bureau may provide application packets to each sheriff not exceeding two hundred packets per request. "

In practice, most country sheriffs do not stock packets. It is normally best that the applicant obtain them direct from OSBI, either by email request, phone request or even in person.

ThaMastaChief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did my CCW class last Saturday the 3rd. Our instructor fortunately dug up some extra packets for our class, because he too had heard about the back-up in receiving the packets after requesting them.

ifishok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I submitted my paperwork to the Logan County Sheriffs office on June 21st, OSBI charged my Credit Card on July 8th, and I got my letter from the OSBI on November 7th to go a pickup my CCW permit. Picked it up on the 8th, pretty close to 120 days. I did my CCW class four years ago, so I was unsure if that would be a problem, but it wasn't. Had some trouble back in my younger days, 20 years ago with beer, but nothing since then. Now I should look into something class 3, MAC-10?

Latest posts

Top Bottom