Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerShooter08

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would check with your local Sheriff to see if they have any you could pick up.

Also, if you emailed the request for the packet... I don't think they check that that often.
I emailed OSBI and then waited...nothing...then I called...and waited. I eventually got two packets within a week of each other. If you gave them the required information, then I see no reason that you shouldn't receive a packet unless they got your address wrong for some reason.

TangoRomeo

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the suggestions. I did phone the request in as opposed to emailing them. I'll check with the sheriff tomorrow. If he doesn't have one we'll just wait on OSBI. I got my CCW about a year ago and I had my application packet within a week of requesting it. I wonder why things have slowed down so much.

matt1124

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess what came in the mail today? It has been 78 days since I turned in my packet. After reading this thread I thought for sure it was a print rejection letter, but its NOT! My permit is at the sheriff's office! Whoo!

WalterMitty

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sent my SDA renewal in on July 23rd and got the permit today 10/02/07. That comes to about 70 days by my calculations.

My old permit was due to expire at the end of October.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should also probably mention that my Oklahoma CWL expires 1/22/2008. I guess I can't even start the renewal process until October 22nd, right?

Bryan

AC37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should also probably mention that my Oklahoma CWL expires 1/22/2008. I guess I can't even start the renewal process until October 22nd, right?

Bryan

Bryan, we always recommend that for license renewal that you have renewal paperwork in the mail first thing on day 90 before license expiration. Usually combined with the 30-day grace period, most people will not end up having any sort of a license lag time, though it still does happen from time to time.

If you don't have an application packet, just let me know and next time we get together I'll bring one by for ya...I have exactly one left. OSBI is taking _forever_ to fufill packet requests these days, we're sitting at 3+ weeks at this point we've been out of application packets, that by law the OSBI must provide.

Latest posts

Top Bottom