Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davebloomer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in the same situation. Originally submitted my application on 7/2. Had to be finger printed again in mid August and still waiting. Getting close to 2 months after being finger printed the second time.

I don't know if they start the clock all over again when they receive the second set of finger prints or not. Does anyone know?

unfortunatly the way i understand it is that the prints are step 1 and if they don't pass everything goes on hold until they get good ones back.:sorry1:

ncaabbfan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
unfortunatly the way i understand it is that the prints are step 1 and if they don't pass everything goes on hold until they get good ones back.:sorry1:

Guess WHAT!!! I got the call from SO today....so I dropped everything and picked it up. My license is now in my wallet!!!

(Time line-Original application submitted 7/2. Received notification I had to submit new finger prints 8/12. Was re-fingerprinted 8/13. Received license 10/6.)

Hat3d1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you!! I am very glad to have it. The fact that I had to be re-finger printed slowed it down quite a bit.

But it is here now!!

Thanks again.

Given you had your prints done in Cleveland Co, and likely by the same person who did mine, thats disheartening.. :(

Can you go straight to OSBI for your retake?

Vazroth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I called Tuesday to get a SDA packet mailed to me, and today i received an E-mail from them with the following,
The attached file is the Self-Defense Act License Application. You can located the SDA law book on our website www.osbi.state.ok.us. From the home page you will click on the Concealed Weapons Licensing link on the left side of the page. In the middle of the page you will see a link for the SDA law book.

If this is the first time you are applying your county sheriff’s office will have the actual fingerprint cards and envelopes.

If this is a renewal application you will complete the attached form. Mail the completed form, two new passport photos and fee to the OSBI.

Mail to:
OSBI – SDA Unit
6600 N. Harvey
OKC, OK 73116

If you are unable to print the application please let us know and we will mail one to you. Currently it is taking two weeks to receive an application packet by mail.

Shouldn't be an issue I hope..

ncaabbfan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Given you had your prints done in Cleveland Co, and likely by the same person who did mine, thats disheartening.. :(

Can you go straight to OSBI for your retake?

Don't think yours will not be accepted. My fingerprints have creases and are worn down due to age. So yours may be just fine.

I don't recall for sure, but I believe if OSBI rejects someone's fingerprints 2 times, there is some option to have them taken electronically through OSBI. I don't know the details, but maybe someone here will know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom