Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The payment system is easy. When the application/payments come in they are seperated. The payments are processed/charged by those who handle the payments. The applications probably sit on a desk somewhere, then are assigned to a person, where it sits on their desk until they do something with it.

T

trom36

I noticed on my race, they put a code "B". Anyone know what a code "B" stands for???

Just looked at the application. They got my name and even my picture. It aint no different than looking at Jackie Chan's picture and thinking he's African American. What the hell??

Aside from the comedy factor, does it NEED to be fixed asap? Or can I get it corrected when I move and get a change of address?

hfa68

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife emailed OSBI yesterday 7/30 and got a reply today. "your license renewal was approved on 7/30/12 and will be mailed within 2 weeks". If she had emailed them 2 weeks ago would she now have her license in hand?

I'm feeling about the same way. I call and left a voicemail trying to find out my status on the 26th. Then on Monday I received my letter dated the 27th. But when I picked up my license, it's dated the 21st. :anyone:

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just talked with the guy who runs our local range. He said all his CC classes are booked solid through the end of October. People are lining up since open carry was passed. So if that is any indication of the load other instructors around the state are getting... the OSBI back load on Carry apps won't be getting any better soon.

Said he is selling a load of hand guns and rifles....can't keep AR's in stock. I think he said he sold 8 last week. That is a lot for his small shop.

Last edited:

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's the reply I received after my inquiry yesterday (Thurs, 2 Aug)

"We received your application on 05/08/2012. Your fingerprint response was received on 05/21/2012. Due to an increase in the number of applications we are receiving it will be another four weeks before we complete the processing on your application.

Thank you

Lori
SDA Unit"

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ridiculous. I really don't see how it takes that long to do. Honestly I feel if you can buy a pistol from a dealer (filling out a background check) you should be able to carry it. Keep something on you that states your a good guy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom