Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lenonthelake

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I now have an idea of how long soon is. When I arrived home from work today, my SDA was in the mailbox, not sure but I think having my state representative check may have hurried it up some, It was postmarked the same day as the reply he sent me. Now just to get brave enough to carry somewhere, still a little chicken. BWAWWWK Bwawwwwk bwawwwwk.

Class on 2-16
Sheriff office 2-18
OSBI 2-28
Check on OSBI 4-24 (56 days) on the website it says 60 days if there are no exceptions. (What the heck is an exception)
Wait 4 or 5 more weeks according to email but it is in the pipeline,
Recieved on 5-10

Took 72 days, was issued on 5-8 so 70 days and two mail transit time,

Last edited:

jdgabbard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They take our money fast because it is now their money. If you do not receive a Handgun License for any reason, they keep the money.

The OSBI received 4000 applications in January. The usual count is 1500 or so a month. If your application was the only one they had to process, you would have it the next day. But there are thousands ahead of you in the processing line.

That is untrue. They must refund your money if they do not give you the license.

jdgabbard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally received the 10yr renewal on Saturday.

Mailed on 14 Feb
Accepted on 21 Feb
Called 2 May
Issued 8 May
Received 11 May.

79 Days from acceptance to receiving the license.

skruball253

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you get your CCW look it over very carefully. The first one I got had the wrong county on it. I got it replaced. Then I noticed the they only issued it for 5 years but I was charged for 10. Still trying to get THAT fixed.

OSU_Chris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine has the wrong county as well. Now I remember why I'm glad I don't have to work with them any longer. They could screw up watching paint dry.

Talked to my dad today. OSBI processed his payment on 18 FEB 13. Email sent today.

Double_tap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I fingerprinted and submitted to Jackson County S/O on 2-21
OSBI received 3-4
Both approved and issued on 5-15
Both received 5-18

86 days from submission to S/O
75 from OSBI receiving application

Last edited:

Latest posts