Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tweetr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wifey and I received our OSBI letters yesterday (Friday) evening, 74 days after applying. Naturally the Bartlesville sheriff's office does not open until Monday. I have to head out on the road tomorrow (Sunday) for a week, so I won't have the CCL until a WEEK from Monday! Grr.

If I am mugged anytime before next Monday I will sue the state of Oklahoma! To say nothing of the constitutionality of waiting to be licensed to exercise a natural right guaranteed by the Constitution . . .

Plinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine got his letter (OK County) and went to get his license but OSBI 'forgot' to send it to the Sheriff's Office! It seems the system is getting shaky under the massive workload.

victor152

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Got my letter yesterday. It was dated May 1, 2009, postmarked May 12, 2009, received in my mailbox May 15, 2009. Application was submitted on January 20, 2009 with one redo on fingerprints. Will go to the Sheriff's office on Monday and hope that it is actually there. So glad I opted for the ten year license.

mdward4

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I too got my letter today, turned my application in March 5, total of 71 days. Weird thing, it was dated May 2, 2009 :confused:. I literally had the phone in my hand to call the SO yesterday, but I figured it was too soon :grumble: . I will give a :clap3: to the OSBI, seems as if they are processing licenses much faster. For reference, I went through the Creek County Sheriffs Office.

Dakota10986

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I turned in my application along with fingerprinting and money orders for dues on February 23, 2009 and received my license May 15, 2009. Got the letter the next day. I don't know if it's just a coincidence but earlier that day i emailed OSBI asking the status of my application and I called Cleveland County Sheriff's office asking if they had it and they told me i had to call back monday. Then less than an hour later they called me saying my license was in. Might be worth it giving them a call to see if they have it.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I turned in my application along with fingerprinting and money orders for dues on February 23, 2009 and received my license May 15, 2009. Got the letter the next day. I don't know if it's just a coincidence but earlier that day i emailed OSBI asking the status of my application and I called Cleveland County Sheriff's office asking if they had it and they told me i had to call back monday. Then less than an hour later they called me saying my license was in. Might be worth it giving them a call to see if they have it.

I might just have to get around to calling. I turned mine in with the money orders on the 24th of Feb.

Latest posts

Top Bottom