Who did you vote for today? (anonymous poll) / General Super Tuesday Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who did you vote for in the Republican Primary?

• Ron Paul

Votes: 73 36.9%
  • Newt Gingrich

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 9 4.5%
  • Rick Santorum

Votes: 37 18.7%
  • Didn't vote/other. (explain in the thread if you would like)

Votes: 47 23.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don’t be ridiculous! We choose our representatives in government, remember? If they suck, it’s our fault. If you want things to change, then you need to vote for change. Use the system to fix the system - that’s what we get told, and some fools still believe in that fairy tale. How’s it working out so far?

It's looking pretty grim for our Constitutional Republic. I've just decided to discontinue heroic lifesaving measures and effect a DNR with regard to the two-party system.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's looking pretty grim for our Constitutional Republic. I've just decided to discontinue heroic lifesaving measures and effect a DNR with regard to the two-party system.

Unfortunately, our Constitutional Republic draws a parallel to Osama Bin Laden: it’s been dead for some time, but most Americans have been bullsh*tted to believe otherwise.

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not allowed to vote in a 'Closed' Primary as I am Registered Independent ........ Wish OK would open up the Primaries ..... :(

I 'would' have voted for Ron Paul though ......

Same here, on all counts. I'd forgotten was I was regged Indi, otherwise I would have re-registered just to vote for Paul. I'm rather pissed at myself for that.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, a Santorum win in Oklahoma isn't all bad... he is likely not to have enough votes to win at the RNC, so it will free his Oklahoma delegates up to vote for Ron Paul! Based on our numbers at the precinct meetings and the Oklahoma County Convention, I think it is safe to say that many of the delegates Oklahoma sends to the RNC will be Ron Paul supporters.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate to say this publicly, but I am actually registered as a Democrat.

Only way I get to vote in half the elections here.

Why the hell Sheriff's elections should be partisan, I can't figure.

Dave

No shame in that at all. It makes a lot of sense - not only for you but about half the (southern part of) the state. An "R" in Little Dixie sure would miss a lot of ballots.

Also, count me in as an "I", so no vote for me today.

J

Jckellison

The RNC should put all four on the ticket.

Paul for the major constitutional decisions
Santorum to please the Christian base
Romney to fix an economy
And Gingrich to debate the ass incumbent.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not bitter. Just disappointed. I knew the outcome probably would not be good for Ron, but was hopeful. Funny how our poll has him winning in a landslide. Are we the chosen few, or are other fellow republicans that different?

For the record: I'd vote for most of the Sesame Street bunch. At least the original ones. Not that fu**ing Elmo. He gets on my last nerves.

Whats disappointing is this thing is pretty much over. I must be stupid or missing something but how in the world could anybody but Romney get the nomination at this point.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This, albeit unscientific, poll cannot be correct. There are never a majority of people who supper Paul. Only a fringe minority of activists. This poll must have been gamed/rigged by Paul supporters because there is no way he could win a true poll.
/sarc off

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OSA Republican Primary Results (to the nearest whole number):

Ron Paul - 48%
Rick Santorum - 25%
Newt Gingrich - 21%
Mitt Romney -6%

Oklahoma Republican Primary Results:

Rick Santorum - 33.8%
Mitt Romney - 28%
Newt Gingrich - 27.5%
Ron Paul - 9.6%

You can also make your predictions for the state vote in here. Mine:

Rick Santorum - 62%
Next Gingrich - 24%
Mitt Romney - 9%
Ron Paul - 5%

My predictions were queered by Romney getting 28%. I had him pegged for 15% max.

Prediction:
Santorum 35%
Romney 23%
Paul 22%
Gingrich 10%

3inSlugger was the closest, and almost spot-on if you transpose the last two.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think on average, OSA'ers are far more politically astute. Sure, we have our differences, but overall I think we have a much more savvy collective than the average voting populace. We had over 1% of the Oklahoma voters vote for candidates who'd bowed out weeks and even months ago. How deep a hole did they crawl out of to go vote? :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom