Who did you vote for today? (anonymous poll) / General Super Tuesday Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who did you vote for in the Republican Primary?

• Ron Paul

Votes: 73 36.9%
  • Newt Gingrich

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 9 4.5%
  • Rick Santorum

Votes: 37 18.7%
  • Didn't vote/other. (explain in the thread if you would like)

Votes: 47 23.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You really must lay off the koolaid and think for yourself. Santorum is leading because of his stance on many issues and bombing people or passing laws against gays has little to do with it. He opposed the bank bailout, the auto bailout, Freddie and Fannie bailout, and stimulus bills. Opposed individual health care mandates. Voted against cap and trade in 2003, voted yes to drilling in ANWR. Voted against amnesties for illegal immigrants. Etc, etc, etc. Like I have said before, not perfect but better then the rest.

I didn't mean to be a bitter smartass in this thread, it was an accident I attribute to a bit too much koolaid. But I don't think most voters, regardless of party, care about any of the more serious issues you talked about. The average voter cares about snippy soundbites and superfluous issues. There's a reason Santorum is doing well in the states he's doing well in, and it's got nothing to do with economics. Most voters for couldn't tell you the first thing about the voting record of their candidate.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't mean to be a bitter smartass in this thread, it was an accident I attribute to a bit too much koolaid. But I don't think most voters, regardless of party, care about any of the more serious issues you talked about. The average voter cares about snippy soundbites and superfluous issues. There's a reason Santorum is doing well in the states he's doing well in, and it's got nothing to do with economics. Most voters for couldn't tell you the first thing about the voting record of their candidate.

While I agree about the voters and Santorum is getting the backing of a lot of hard core religious people, I think you would be surprised at the number of Santorum supporters that seem to be fairly well informed on the issues. I have to admit that about a third are just those voting against Obama and Obama lite. (Romney)

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess Newt's dead in the water. I think Santorum will carry the south and Romney will probably pull out the overall win.

I do agree Newt is out of it but I doubt he drops out yet. To big an ego. I am waiting to see what happens when both Newt and RP are gone. I think most of Newt's supporters will go to Santorum and Paul's will be evenly split between sitting home and pouting, or supporting either Romney or Santorum.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do agree Newt is out of it but I doubt he drops out yet. To big an ego. I am waiting to see what happens when both Newt and RP are gone. I think most of Newt's supporters will go to Santorum and Paul's will be evenly split between sitting home and pouting, or supporting either Romney or Santorum.

Most of Newt's will go to Santorum. Santorum is such an unlikable guy, though. I mean if I had to hang out with Santourm or Newt...I'd pick Newt in a heartbeat. Ya know Newt's got funny stories.

Paul fans will sit at home and pout, or vote for Obama ( at least in numbers far greater than they would for Santorum or Romney). Paul fans are mad at the GOP.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted for the only consistent and principled candidate running -- Ron Paul of course.

If it wasn't for Ron Paul, I would have absolutely no interest in the Republican primary or national politics in general. There would be no politician on the national level that I would see myself as having the least bit in common with. If he wasn't in the race, I have no idea how I would decide which one of those other candidates I would support. I can't even fathom how I would figure out which one of those would be the lesser evil. I'm sure if it wasn't for Ron Paul I would be like one of the many other registered voters who stayed home for this extra low-turnout primary.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of Newt's will go to Santorum. Santorum is such an unlikable guy, though. I mean if I had to hang out with Santourm or Newt...I'd pick Newt in a heartbeat. Ya know Newt's got funny stories.

Paul fans will sit at home and pout, or vote for Obama ( at least in numbers far greater than they would for Santorum or Romney). Paul fans are mad at the GOP.

i agree. If Paul ran third party (which i think he should) than RP fans and the GOP would be even.

Latest posts

Top Bottom