Why Your State Should NOT Legalize Weed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.transformationstreatment.center/resources/overdose/many-people-died-weed/

Despite the low overall chances of dying from a weed overdose, some fatalities do occur. In 2017, the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine released a book-length examination of the health risks associated with various forms of cannabis. This examination included an in-depth review of the risks for fatal and nonfatal overdoses.

Now you post a real study saying there has been none. Sorry folks but everything can kill you if you take to much of it. Pot overdose may be very rare but it does happen. It is not the harmless plant you folks want everyone to believe. And yes I have seem claims about it curing illnesses many, many times. I can post the pics of those if you want. As they are much easier to find then medical studies online.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure there's a bunch of reasons for States to now legalize weed, but since Oklahoma already legalized it, my memory is not so gooder anymore.
I think I'll go eat some cheetos

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just some of the claims.

pot 1.jpg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a diabetic this one got me really interested and started me on my research hoping it would help me. The vast majority of the claims turned out to be BS.

Pot 3.jpg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two sisters that have beat cancer and one is a RN. She likes to share stories and warnings about pot because she sees the damage it can do. She works in the pediatric section of an Illinois hospital and it is not uncommon to see small children brought in who ate the parents pot when they got high and left it sitting out. A few do not make it or suffer serious harm.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.transformationstreatment.center/resources/overdose/many-people-died-weed/

Despite the low overall chances of dying from a weed overdose, some fatalities do occur. In 2017, the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine released a book-length examination of the health risks associated with various forms of cannabis. This examination included an in-depth review of the risks for fatal and nonfatal overdoses.

Now you post a real study saying there has been none. Sorry folks but everything can kill you if you take to much of it. Pot overdose may be very rare but it does happen. It is not the harmless plant you folks want everyone to believe. And yes I have seem claims about it curing illnesses many, many times. I can post the pics of those if you want. As they are much easier to find then medical studies online.

It takes at least 10,000 times the amount of THC in a "joint" to become fatal. Which is why you don't see a prevalence of occurrences, or even really... documented cases.

In all honestly though, I don't think you read the report or you are conveniently leaving out some significant findings in terms of overdose deaths.

http://nationalacademies.org/hmd/Reports/2017/health-effects-of-cannabis-and-cannabinoids.aspx

There is no or insufficient evidence to support or refute a statistical association between cannabis use and:

• All-cause mortality (self-reported cannabis use) (9-1)

• Occupational accidents or injuries (general, non-medical cannabis use) (9-2)

• Death due to cannabis overdose (9-4a)

Some fun facts from your study pertaining to what has been shown to be beneficial. This is not a "Cure" claim.... in which nobody here claimed it to be that I'm aware of. However, these ailments are significant.

There is conclusive or substantial evidence that cannabis or cannabinoids are effective:

• For the treatment for chronic pain in adults (cannabis) (4-1)

• Antiemetics in the treatment of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (oral cannabinoids) (4-3)

• For improving patient-reported multiple sclerosis spasticity symptoms (oral cannabinoids) (4-7a)

There is moderate evidence that cannabis or cannabinoids are effective for:

• Improving short-term sleep outcomes in individuals with sleep disturbance associated with obstructive sleep apnea

syndrome, fibromyalgia, chronic pain, and multiple sclerosis (cannabinoids, primarily nabiximols) (4-19)

There is limited evidence that cannabis or cannabinoids are effective for:

• Increasing appetite and decreasing weight loss associated with HIV/AIDS (cannabis and oral cannabinoids) (4-4a)

• Improving clinician-measured multiple sclerosis spasticity symptoms (oral cannabinoids) (4-7a)

• Improving symptoms of Tourette syndrome (THC capsules) (4-8)

• Improving anxiety symptoms, as assessed by a public speaking test, in individuals with social anxiety disorders (cannabidiol)

(4-17)

• Improving symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder (nabilone; one single, small fair-quality trial) (4-20)

Granted all of the report isn't all pro MJ. It's a pretty good report on a superficial level but it would be nice to see the whole thing.... but I'm not paying $65 for it. :D

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two sisters that have beat cancer and one is a RN. She likes to share stories and warnings about pot because she sees the damage it can do. She works in the pediatric section of an Illinois hospital and it is not uncommon to see small children brought in who ate the parents pot when they got high and left it sitting out. A few do not make it or suffer serious harm.

So, do they talk to you about all the drugs, alcohol, and firearms the parents leave sitting around too? I mean, I can play the obscure anecdote game too as my wife is an RN in a Neurotrauma unit but that's honestly a moot point. Parents are irresponsible unfortunately, just like some are careless with firearms, many things can be dangerous to a child.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is that your concern? Addiction? That's an excellent endeavor to consider. Ok, since addiction is truly your concern, then I should see postings form you in the alcohol thread around here considering all the death, abuse, and property destruction it contributes to. Next let's talk about tobacco addiction and how many people we lose a year to cancer and pulmonary disease. Finally, let's talk about legal drugs like K2 which was synthesized to mimic the properties of weed, yet puts people in the hospital on a routine basis or even better, prescription drugs that contribute to a 40,000 a year death count.

But honestly, here's what will happen, you will grow silent, and you will continue to make snarky remarks about a substance that has yet have any documented overdose deaths and ignore substances that cause multiple deaths daily, at the very least.
Thank you for your comment, I'm sure you are correct, no one will use synthetic marijuana when the real stuff is readily available on the streets. My mistake.

Latest posts

Top Bottom