Why Your State Should NOT Legalize Weed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for your comment, I'm sure you are correct, no one will use synthetic marijuana when the real stuff is readily available on the streets. My mistake.

I guess your conviction is fleeting? Wanna talk about real addiction or nah? Doesn't fit the narrative? To your point, the whole K2 market was created due to weed being illegal, and it made things worse. Does this sound familiar at all? Either way, I have not seen one person here condone the use of K2, the only person that has brought it up is you. It seems you somehow thought it was associated..... and it's not.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess your conviction is fleeting? Wanna talk about real addiction or nah? Doesn't fit the narrative? To your point, the whole K2 market was created due to weed being illegal, and it made things worse. Does this sound familiar at all? Either way, I have not seen one person here condone the use of K2, the only person that has brought it up is you. It seems you somehow thought it was associated..... and it's not.
I thought it was interesting to post the link on K2, it was interesting but apparently no germane to marijuana usage. You may not feel that marijuana leads to addiction but that's your opinion as I have an opinion. In some countries opium is legal also but that doesn't necessarily mean that it is not addictive nor does it destroy lives. But opinions are like...noses, everyone has one. Regardless, in time we'll have all the answers we need to make some sort of determination. Good luck in the meantime.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't understand why some folks can't grasp that a person could vote for everyone to have freedoms they themselves may never care about or use yet expect other people to give two $#!ts about their/our causes like 2A.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, do they talk to you about all the drugs, alcohol, and firearms the parents leave sitting around too? I mean, I can play the obscure anecdote game too as my wife is an RN in a Neurotrauma unit but that's honestly a moot point. Parents are irresponsible unfortunately, just like some are careless with firearms, many things can be dangerous to a child.

My point is that those in favor of legalizing pot keep posting lies over and over again hoping no one will challenge them. There have been deaths by overdose, pot does not cure anything, pot can cause health problems, it will increase traffic deaths, you can get high from 2nd hand smoke, this is fact.

It can help treat a few things. It is safer than booze and some prescription drugs. You should have the right to get high in your own home. On the flip side you should face serious jail time driving while high just like booze and prescription drugs. You should be charged with child neglect at the very least if you leave it where a kid gets into it. And long term health studies need to be done on it just like every other drug has been including over the counter meds.

You folks want to push for it, fine, but stop the lies. Say straight up you feel you have the right to get high if you want. No BS, no twisting the facts, no trying to demonize those who disagree.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still reading thru the sections you linked looking for where it says pot cures anything. So far about as much evidence as aspirin.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't it interesting that at the same time more states are legalizing pot, this is going on? No connection, move along, nothing to see here.

"According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, in 2017 more than 72,000 Americans died of drug overdoses, a 37 percent increase from 2015 and a nearly 100 percent increase since 2008."

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought it was interesting to post the link on K2, it was interesting but apparently no germane to marijuana usage. You may not feel that marijuana leads to addiction but that's your opinion as I have an opinion. In some countries opium is legal also but that doesn't necessarily mean that it is not addictive nor does it destroy lives. But opinions are like...noses, everyone has one. Regardless, in time we'll have all the answers we need to make some sort of determination. Good luck in the meantime.

Actually, I can explain or at least discuss the difference between the mechanism of opium addiction and the mechanism of MJ. It's significantly different, not even in the same ballpark, actually. That's not opinion, that's a fact, but I really don't feel that naysayers in this thread are interested in educating themselves.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still reading thru the sections you linked looking for where it says pot cures anything. So far about as much evidence as aspirin.

You're creating this huge strawman argument nobody here set forth, nobody here is talking about a "cure." Posting the propaganda extremes on either side of the argument when nobody relayed them does you no good. Shall I retort with showing you "Reefer Madness" and relaying how crazy you are? Nope.

Probably a bit embarrassing that your own link provides at least some evidence that MJ alleviates a lot of symptoms though eh?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't it interesting that at the same time more states are legalizing pot, this is going on? No connection, move along, nothing to see here.

"According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, in 2017 more than 72,000 Americans died of drug overdoses, a 37 percent increase from 2015 and a nearly 100 percent increase since 2008."

Again....Per your link..... there is no evidence of a connection. But you can keep trying to blame MJ instead of opioids.

Latest posts

Top Bottom