Wife and I got the Wuhan flu

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I had it over Christmas. Hit us within hours. Used paxlovid first day, knocked it pretty quick. But I had stomach flu instead of the cough, congestion, etc. Alot of chills too.

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't think I have it, but I've been pretty sick since Friday afternoon. Sore throat, really bad congestion. Feels like someone hit me in the face with a brick. I tried to go to work this morning, but decided to stay home after slipping and falling on my 2-pack in my driveway.

Birdseed

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Last Easter, I came down with Covid, went urgent care and they gave me the shot, the wife got it and she had the shot. In 3 days, we felt good and tested negative, in a few more days we felt crappy again, got tested at urgent care and we were both positive again. Urgent care told us it was rebound Covid. So, sick another few days. Isn’t the Chinese flu full of wonderful surprises!

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Always does this time of year, only a real problem for those under about 2 1/2 or with pre existing conditions. I still cringe 10 years after leaving the clinical side of things when I hear that cough, in a kid.
I’ve heard it is an issue with adults now and some are pushing vaccines for adults. I’m speaking from a point of little Knowledge.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve heard it is an issue with adults now and some are pushing vaccines for adults. I’m speaking from a point of little Knowledge.
They don't even give the vaccine to all kids, only the high risk ones like preemies. It was $1000 a dose the last time I checked (10 years ago).

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The $1000 RSV vaccine years ago was called Synagis. It’s a monoclonal antibody so not technically a vaccine. Our hospital had a home health nurse make “synagis visits” to preemies at home during RSV season.
Today the RSV vaccine is a new type med. I have no idea what type or what it costs. RSV generally isn’t an issue for healthy adults so I don’t bother with the vaccine. We’ve all prob had RSV at one time or another. Might need it in the future as I’m getting older though.

Last edited:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't think I have it, but I've been pretty sick since Friday afternoon. Sore throat, really bad congestion. Feels like someone hit me in the face with a brick. I tried to go to work this morning, but decided to stay home after slipping and falling on my 2-pack in my driveway.

You probably have it. Get a home test kit, quick and easy. The home test is 60% right, 60% of the time, but, at least, you will know, maybe.

Sig365CCW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Banned Supporter
Reaction score
You probably have it. Get a home test kit, quick and easy. The home test is 60% right, 60% of the time, but, at least, you will know, maybe.
I've been struggling with something for 8 days now. Couldn't get in to see the doc but have had a couple of virtual appts as well as Covid, flu, and strep tests. Got a z pac and some narcotic cough medicine that has helped slightly. Maybe a little better this morning but still a very heavy feeling in my chest. Wicked stuff whatever it is. I'm usually the type to just work through and wait stuff out until it gets better. Hopefully soon. The good news is I was well stocked with food and my dog hasn't had to be by himself much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom