Will you buy a gun from a dealer? (With Poll)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you buy a gun if it requires paperwork (from or through a dealer)?

• Yes. I have no problem doing that.

Votes: 86 54.4%
  • Sometimes. It doesn't really matter much to me.

Votes: 43 27.2%
  • Sometimes. If I can't find it without paperwork.

Votes: 21 13.3%
  • Never. I don't like the government knowing what I'm doing.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Never. I'm a criminal and can't buy guns if I have to pass a background check.

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figure I've been on "the list" with fingerprints in some tiny FBI file since the early 70's and I've forgotten how many other occasions since, so having my name on one more piece of paper isn't going to make a lot of difference in any case.

So I buy from wherever I feel like I'm getting the best deal - which may or may not always be the absolute lowest price.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since I have bought quite a few guns in my life (many through a 4473 and many without) I dont think it makes much of a different at this juncture. I'd be on the "radar" already so that will not impede my future purchase habits. I've been clinically diagnosed with mild OCD so paying even slightly more for a gun than I knew I could find it at would drive me up the wall. I buy from whatever legal means keeps me from spazzing out.

Gatorshark

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't mind the paperwork. Someone has to support the commercial dealer. I don't care if they are keeping a list and checking it twice; they gotta come get'm if'n they want 'em.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figure I've been on "the list" with fingerprints in some tiny FBI file since the early 70's and I've forgotten how many other occasions since, so having my name on one more piece of paper isn't going to make a lot of difference in any case.

There are so many guns that have been sold, traded, lost and so on that the ability to match the stack of 4473's with reality is long gone. Someone said it earlier, when they get ready to make it an issue, you will have to bring it in and register it or be forever a felon, with a penalty probably greater than committing homicide.. My fear is that I couldn't find them all and would end up in deep trouble through a faulty memory...

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would prefer not to buy from a dealer just for the "screw the Government" factor but if something I really want I would have no problem dealing FatBoy, BANG, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom