windows 8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dvPete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
microsoft_windows.jpg

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some people have a problem with new technology and end up sticking to the old instead of trying the new,
I'm the opposite, I like to try new technology, I have used Beta Windows in the past, always the latest version of Windows with two
exceptions. Vista and Win 8.
I dumped Vista from a computer I had for XP till Win 7 came out.
I bought Win 8 and installed it in a separate drive in a couple of computers and I tried to get used to it.
I ended up with a problem, I hate it so much that I simply can't get myself to make a good effort to learn and get used to it.
I have never disliked an operating system as much as I dislike this.
I heard that Win 9 is coming in a year or so. I think that I will stick to Win 7 till then.
I don't know what MS is thinking but they need to rethink it, whatever it is.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some people have a problem with new technology and end up sticking to the old instead of trying the new,
I'm the opposite, I like to try new technology, I have used Beta Windows in the past, always the latest version of Windows with two
exceptions. Vista and Win 8.
I dumped Vista from a computer I had for XP till Win 7 came out.
I bought Win 8 and installed it in a separate drive in a couple of computers and I tried to get used to it.
I ended up with a problem, I hate it so much that I simply can't get myself to make a good effort to learn and get used to it.
I have never disliked an operating system as much as I dislike this.
I heard that Win 9 is coming in a year or so. I think that I will stick to Win 7 till then.
I don't know what MS is thinking but they need to rethink it, whatever it is.

I wouldn't mind a once every 2 year OS upgrade cycle ala OSX if microsnot wasn't so expensive and required a license for each machine. 1 VM one bootcamp partition 2 dell laptops and a gaming rig. OSX I can load Mavericks on every mac or macbook that I own and the license is one time $50 price. . .

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OSX I can load Mavericks on every mac or macbook that I own and the license is one time $50 price. . .

Just to clarify... that only applies to personal use.

Non-personal use (including government and education) still requires one license per install per machine.

And of course, in either case, it's against the license to use it on a non-Apple-branded computer.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just to clarify... that only applies to personal use.

Non-personal use (including government and education) still requires one license per install per machine.

And of course, in either case, it's against the license to use it on a non-Apple-branded computer.

Correct as I said on every Mac or MacBook that I own. I'm still using Lion on my work Mac.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right click on the task bar, select Task Manager. Or, ctrl+alt+del and select Task Manager. Or, Ctrl+Shift+Esc instantly opens task manager.

If you are talking about the app switcher window, hold alt and press the tab key to move between the open programs and apps. If you hold shift while pressing tab, you move "backwards" between the open programs.

Well, that doesn't work. It brings up the home page and this site. The one that keeps popping up has the icons of programs that are running somewhere that task manager doesn't see.

Did I mention that I hate windows 8?

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm using Windows XP. When it quits working I'm getting rid of these stupid computers. They change the programs just so they can make more money and cause people grief.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whenever I hear people complaining about the interface changes in Windows 8, it sounds like someone complaining about a change in the radio knobs in their 200mph sports car.

Latest posts

Top Bottom