Would you move to Texas if....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. You don't get a choice in the matter. Once in; in for the duration. Besides; then you'd have to root for the Longhorns.

Actually, as I understand it, there's no provision in either the US or Texas Constitutions for or against secession. Texas v. White was not based on any legal precedent, and that decision merely directed President Grant to sign a declaration re-admitting Texas to the Union. If Texas were to try to secede, the outcome would probably depend largely on the size of the cojones of whomever was in the White House at that time.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, such a difficult decision.......

Oklahoma?????

i1190.photobucket.com_albums_z458_TerryandJo_Nonsense_20Stuff_32bfea62c1fda05d8f661f555a39aca0.jpg

Texas??????

i1190.photobucket.com_albums_z458_TerryandJo_Nonsense_20Stuff_6ddaad6d5a274000c7c2a13dbc32317e.jpg

I guess I'm just "straddling the fence" for now. After all, Oklahoma's completely red and Texas is partially blue on the political map.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, as I understand it, there's no provision in either the US or Texas Constitutions for or against secession. Texas v. White was not based on any legal precedent, and that decision merely directed President Grant to sign a declaration re-admitting Texas to the Union. If Texas were to try to secede, the outcome would probably depend largely on the size of the cojones of whomever was in the White House at that time.

Thank you, because we or I feel there are no cojones in the WH at this time.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it weren't for an activist Supreme Court legislating from the bench, I'd be in Texas right now! I shouldn't have to go to Texas. Texas should come back to me. Dadblame goverment.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If it weren't for an activist Supreme Court legislating from the bench, I'd be in Texas right now! I shouldn't have to go to Texas. Texas should come back to me. Dadblame goverment.

Old Greer County. Most okies dont even know about it.

Imagine that: a federal court ruled that texas didnt own land even with settlers on said land whom stated they were texans.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Old Greer County. Most okies dont even know about it.

Imagine that: a federal court ruled that texas didnt own land even with settlers on said land whom stated they were texans.

I know very well of old Greer county, Great grandfather Garret, per my grandmother, used to meet with Chief Lone Wolf of the Kiowas at the North Fork of the Red River regularly before old Greer County became part of OK. May be Old Greer County could go back to TX? I have the place already lined up just a few miles west of the North Fork.......and thanks for bringing that up of Old Greer County.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom