Would you move to Texas if....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's also because some of the evil right IS, in fact, racist. You guys can try to deflect to deflect the issue all you want. However, Republicans in many states have pushed anti-immigrant bills with the goal of getting rid of these undocumented. It is a simple fact. This attitude towards Latinos helped the Democrats win the election.

Keep this in mind, the population demographic is going to shift. Many of us will feel its effects soon. Oklahoma is a locked down red state now, but what about in 10 or 15 years?

What I found humorous is that so many folks bleating for seceesion are the same folks who harbor a lot of negative feelings towards Hispanics. So, why go to Texas?

And just FYI, racism comes in lots of forms. You don't have to be screaming ethnic slurs to be a racist.

Call it what you want, those of us who don't drink the kool-aid know better. Can you name a single one of these states that named any ethnic group in their law? Racism is RACISM. The democrats want to re-write the definition to suit their agenda and in doing so they diminish the injustice of true bigotry. The other day I saw a group of Congressmen bashing McCain for being "racist and sexist" because of his opposition to the nomination of the U.N. Ambassador to be Secretary of State. In fact he said nothing what-so-ever that was racist OR sexist. I'll give you that Latinos were a key part of Obama winning and I'll give you the fact that the GOP has been horrendous at combating this. But quite frankly this whole diatribe is getting old and most people are smart enough to know better.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's also because some of the evil right IS, in fact, racist. You guys can try to deflect to deflect the issue all you want. However, Republicans in many states have pushed anti-immigrant bills with the goal of getting rid of these undocumented. It is a simple fact. This attitude towards Latinos helped the Democrats win the election.

Keep this in mind, the population demographic is going to shift. Many of us will feel its effects soon. Oklahoma is a locked down red state now, but what about in 10 or 15 years?

What I found humorous is that so many folks bleating for seceesion are the same folks who harbor a lot of negative feelings towards Hispanics. So, why go to Texas?

And just FYI, racism comes in lots of forms. You don't have to be screaming ethnic slurs to be a racist.

So, let's get this straight. Whoever wants to follow existing law regarding immigration is a racist? So let's see, if we don't like some other law, can we break it too and holler racist when we get busted?
Wow, we are no longer a nation of laws. We are a nation of decisions, you (the personal you) decide what's right for you and everyone else. AWESOME.
What anti - immigrant bills would those be? Requiring valid ID to drive or vote? Enforcing federal laws because the feds refuse to?
The illegal invaders should be deported, they are doing something illegal. By definition that makes them criminals.

It's funny the only law the liberals seem to want universally enforced, is the decision from Roe V Wade.

Now you can swing that racist bs paint brush around all you want to, but, you've never met me, you have no idea what my racial makeup is, gender or sexual orientation either for that matter. You can surmise and assume form my post, but you do not know. You cannot look in to my heart a see that I'm a racist.
Unlike you I do know these things about myself and I can look in to my heart and I know I'm not racist.

Perhaps when you think you are looking at the far right, what you are really seeing is a reflection of your own prejudices.

Everyone has them, it's part of our survival instinct, they are natural. It's only when they control you there is a problem. And truthfully they are really only a societal problem when they control society.

And as far as I know the only Grand Wizard of the KKK in national office was Robert Byrd, not a republican or a conservative.

And LBJ couldn't even line his own party up to pass the 1964 Civil Rights Act. Tell me how color blind the democrat party is.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, so please tell me if I understand you correctly...

1). You don't believe that racist motivation was behind the wave of draconian anti-immigration laws that swept the South begining here in 2007?

2). You think that Democrats are quick to call anyone, with whom they disagree, a racist?

While I agree the term is used way too often, is it inconceivable to you that a lot of racists have gravitated to the GOP because of the diversity of the Democrats?

The GOP is about as pro-Hispanic as they are pro-women and some seem to confirm their stances regularly in the media.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

1). You don't believe that racist motivation was behind the wave of draconian anti-immigration laws that swept the South begining here in 2007.

there were no anti- immigration laws that swept the south in 2007,only anti Illeagal immigration laws,and your intellectually dishonest to try and make it something it wasn't.this country can't shoulder the financial burden of hoardes of illegals invading not matter where they are from or thier ethnic back ground.

my wifes mothers side of the family came here from guatemala legally they have no use for illegal aliens either, because they are law abiding Americans and proud to be legal citizens

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

1). You don't believe that racist motivation was behind the wave of draconian anti-immigration laws that swept the South begining here in 2007?

2). You think that Democrats are quick to call anyone, with whom they disagree, a racist?

While I agree the term is used way too often, is it inconceivable to you that a lot of racists have gravitated to the GOP because of the diversity of the Democrats?

The GOP is about as pro-Hispanic as they are pro-women and some seem to confirm their stances regularly in the media.

1. No.
2. Yes, on this issue especially.

I'm not a party functionary, but it doesn't look to me like either party is singling out any group to be anti - ******.
if you're talking about individuals speaking their mind, that probably happens, right or wrong.
So you're telling me, the democrats are pro ???? everyone?
Including their racist roots?
If you're pro one group, does that mean you anti-some other group?

You do have all the talking points going don't you? Even if they are fool's errands.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. No.
2. Yes, on this issue especially.

I'm not a party functionary, but it doesn't look to me like either party is singling out any group to be anti - ******.
if you're talking about individuals speaking their mind, that probably happens, right or wrong.
So you're telling me, the democrats are pro ???? everyone?
Including their racist roots?
If you're pro one group, does that mean you anti-some other group?

You do have all the talking points going don't you? Even if they are fool's errands.

go to the other thread. I am trying to let this one get back on track.

Latest posts

Top Bottom